New version 2.1 - iOS eSkate VESC app for standard and ackmaniac FW

Is your baud rate set to 115,200 under the uart tab?

I tried 9600 and 115,200 without success.

Hello, I don’t know this module. Can you push the “send debug infos” button after trying to connect ?

@CamBo I have mine hooked up. Not sure why yours doesn’t work. I also made sure that Metr.at app is killed from my iPhone before using IOS eSkate Vesc app. Hope this helps.

congrats on the App. Bought it yesterday and it’s really cool to get the live amp consumption. I just used it for that and that’s perfect.

1 Like

Thanks, debug sent

One of the best things about the original ackamaniac app is the efficiency rating in wh/mi, it’d be great to see that in yours. Also you should let us choose if we want distance to be measured by the board or gps.

Hi, actually this mesure is already available. It’s not activated by default but we can enable if you want it.

For the choose between GPS or VESC, yes I’m looking for the good way to integrate this. I’ll add it in the next update.

FYI, the last beta work perfectly with the raptor2 firmware (v2.80). validated by @Touch415 :wink:

2 Likes

just got the app, connected right up. Only issue so far is I changed it to 12s but the data screen still calculates cell voltage and percentage as if it is a 10s still.

Thank you. Spotted bug. I’ll fix this in the next update.

How do get Session Consumption to display? Cheers

Yup yup working good🤙🏼

Just click on the top left “+” sign, and choose “session consumption”. After that you can arrange the metrics by doing “drag and drop” on the main screen.

Hi Emmanuel i have your app , but i have trouble Upload to Vesc every time i get SAVE Failed and i just order second vesc and motor , how this app work with dual vesc ?

Hi. Did you upgrade to 3.29 or more ? A bug was fix in the FW 3.29 to improve saving to VESC across bluetooth module. If you have a 2.xx version of the firmware, this acuraccy will depend on the quality (and speed) of your bluetooth module. I recommend you to upgrade to 3.x. If you still have problem, you can send me debugs logs across the app, and I’ll have a look. For dual VESC, at the moment the app handle this like the VESC tools, with a “can forward” option.

sorry you mean Vesc FW ? i have 2.18 or you mean app version?

Where do you go to get the vesc 3.xx verison?

Yes, VESC Firmware. The v2.18 is the old version.

@twan available here : http://www.vesc-project.com/vesc_tool

1 Like

ok i did update to 3.31 and now i get Unsupported Version