[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hello everyone, I’m a graphic designer, I’m Spanish (sorry for my English, sometimes I have to use the translator), I skate for 13 years and recently a friend introduced me to the world of eboards and at the moment I have an Acton blink s I want to modify, but later and with more budget I would like to build my own skateboard. I would like to know which is the right thread to be able to create my first post asking how I can change the battery of my current eboard. Any advice for novices will be well received!

Search through the Eskate electronics category with the search word battery, batteries, Then after much research, if you don’t find an answer, post a topic in the Eskate prebuilt category

1 Like

Hello, I’m from Ohio, I am re-building a Mototec 1600w off-road board. I am soliciting your advice on what to put on it. I also use it for golf (makes golf that much more fun). I have even mounted a bar to hold my bag, gps, phone, speaker etc.

What I’m looking at doing is: Keep trucks & wheels; then replacing with a custom subsonic carbon board. I want to keep the motors as well. I want longer runs on the board, new batteries, new VESC, and a wired controller (preferably a thumb throttle on handle bar).

What VESC, batteries, throttle, what should I get? Current motors: Model: MY8919 Voltage: 36V Rated speed: 3000 RPM Rated current: 18.4A Output: 800W

Current batteries: (3) 12V14AH/10HR lead acid

4 Likes

Welcome. Are you going to build one soon? I see you have been a member for nearly a year, yet hardly any activity. I thought I could get you back in to getting your first build done with a little reply.

1 Like

It’s not a hobby if you sold your car. It’s just how you get around.

1 Like

@b264

Lol, honestly. I want to use this to get around. My board is build minus the electronics, and I’m going to Venice Beach on Sunday to test ride the thing. I’ve stained the board and I’m going to be adding griptape in the morning. I’m super excited to get this thing up and running.

1 Like

Hi.

The E-go 2 replaced my bike for 2017 summer and fall. I upgraded wheels to 97mm Abec-11 Flywheels using Evolve gear but forgot one bearing from setup and the gear melted. :smiley:

Snow is just starting to go away for this spring and I’m slowly building parts list for possible first build.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I’ve been reading up on a whole bunch of information in this forum since last year but haven’t gotten around to making a account until now! Partly due to the fact that both of the eboards I bought last year are starting to break down on me. Maxfind C - it’s 10s1p is wearing down prematurely because the cells it’s using samsung 22p don’t provide enough amps for the motor. Right now the battery pack only lasts about 2 miles. I’m planning on swapping the cells with lg hg2 using the stock bms.

Blitzart hurracane gt - there’s so many problems with this board that I just decided to buy a whole new one all together. More on that later. First thing that broke (twice) was the battery nickel strips ripping from the shock of riding. The battery pack isn’t entirely secured in the enclosure so you need to open it up and do that yourself. The nuts that hold the enclosure and trucks together loosen on their own (I’m sure everyone gets this problem if they don’t use locktite) they don’t come with rubber gaskets so I have to find my own. Enclosure isn’t waterproof. Water got in and zapped part of the esc that caused the left motor to lock up. I removed the left motor and replaced it with a normal wheel and used bearings as spacers to keep the wheel from shifting around on the motor mount. The most recent and dangerous one is one that happened last week. The front truck split in half from rolling over some cobble stone at around 12mph. The metal used to mold the front truck is disgustingly grainy. I have since replaced it with cheap caliber trucks that makes the board feel WAY more stable than it ever did on the old trucks. I ordered the ownboard pro in hopes that some of the problems I experienced with this board won’t occurs again and if it does, it won’t be hard to fix. Battery enclosure is easy to remove, esc is water proof etc

1 Like

Yello, building my first board for college next year. Looking into why my mistakes and hope to learn from them! :stuck_out_tongue:

Holah! DIY builder from New Zealand currently waiting for a bunch of parts to arrive for my first build! Have spent hours on this site reading all the helpful posts - spent most of my time on the ‘No words, just pictures’ page :wink: I bought an Evolve Bamboo which I’ve been happy with but really keen to build my own ride.

Hi all! Been reading a ton of material here - great resources and discussion.

I have 2 phases of build coming:

Phase 1 (a bit off topic): Upcoming ankle surgery has set me on a course to boost a knee scooter. Using same type components as an eSk8: 6374 motor, VESC, Lipo batteries. Some distinctly different design points: looking for torque more than speed (<15MPH, not looking for a 25mph knee scooter!), large 7.5" wheels, different gear ratios. Trying to adapt knowledge base here for right design point. Any words of wisdom on design: what to do/what not to do?

Phase 2: Reuse components (to max extent possible) for eSk8 build. Traditional type build.

Hi All,

I purchased a KooWheel Kooboard (D3M Gen 2). I live in New York City and I am curious to how the board will handle (hold-up) in this environment.

Looking into the Verreal V1 (https://verrealboards.com/products/verreal-v1-four-wheel-electric-skateboard-with-swappable-urethanes-for-hub-motors)

Playing with the idea of making an AWD board… 2 ESC; 2 Batteries; 4 Hub Motors Worried about weight of the board vs. power

I will update with some pics in the future.

Whats up dakrug1, Im also in NYC. I have a board using the same motors as koowheel from their previous generation and its held up fine so far in the wet and cold NYC environment. Form what I understand, the 2nd gen Koowheel doesnt have sealed motors so water can get it and wreck it. Dont recommend using it in the rain. Also 1 more thing, dont use your board or any skateboard when there’s ice melting salt on the road. It will cause the metallic parts on your board to rust in a matter of hours (even worse for you because your motor isnt sealed). You’ll have enough torque and speed to get you anywhere in the city. The range with the speed mode locked to 18mph should be great, 12 miles im guessing.

The Verreal is basically a meepo board 1.5 with a stiffer deck. I dont know how good this company will treat it’s customers because its a pretty new company. If you’re looking for other boards in that price range, Check out Ownboard, Wowgo2, and meepo. They all look the same but ownboard’s got some really interesting stuff under the hood.

Hey everyone. Im Berto from SD. I always love to longboard but never learned to stop lol. So I decided to go eskate for my work commute I bought my board made and Im currently just running a badic dual hub motor 10s5p but ive really started to get into doing things myself. Just learned to solder few weeks ago (im horrible at it) and am planning to get a pair of hummies focbox controllers qnd a 12s 5p on a carbon fiber deck. Just dipping my toe in this huge world of e skate

Wassup I’m new and. Was looking to build an At eboard. I gt a deck already just need a kit wit good speed and range. Or how could I build mine. Any thoughts ?

What’s your budget

Around 700 bucks

I am a 15 year old kid who wants a small portable, good and cheap electric skateboard. I always see big powerful boards here and thought I could try to build something that would help people who don’t got deep pockets and large places to fit their skateboard.

Get caliber 2s, a 6374, VESC 4, x2 5s lipos, flywheel clones, 3d printed 36t wheel pulley, 15t aluminum motor pulley, 265mm belt, a moose deck, mini remote.22 and 22g wire, bullet connectors and xt90s look key.

All if that can be done for less than $400.

Thanks for the suggestion but I am going to use Maxfind trucks and see if I can make a motor mount myself. Furthermore, I want to try this esc because I have only seen a few people use this esc in their builds