[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

I can’t quite figure out how to post a new topic. Do I need to be an active member for a certain period before getting posting privileges? Thanks for the suggestions on where to post!

I’m sure there are some rules around that. maybe @anorak234 can help.

1 Like

Yes; it’s to prevent companies from making a accounts solely to post advertisements.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I’m assuming by lingering around here and checking out different posts, I’ll be granted access.

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the site :smiley: You’ll find this familiar :yum:

7 Likes

Welcome! Lots of us want options for decks, and you bring a lot to the table. I’m super interested in seeing what you come up with.

I can dig it!

2 Likes

Hello, Planning on building an electric board on the loaded vanguard. Need help with all the electronic stuff. Battery setup, speed control, etc. If you have plans or can help please PM me. Thanks

1 Like

Hello guys,

So I stumbled onto here trying to find help for modeling a 3d fingerboard mold in fusion. I ended up reading some of the stuff on here and it grabbed my interest. While I don’t plan on making my own electric skateboard anytime soon, I do like reading about what all of you guys are building. Hopefully, you guys don’t mind if I lurk because you guys shed a whole new light for me with electric skateboards.

2 Likes

Hi Team,

1st post, third build. I’m coming from electric motorcycles and bicycles, and recently rediscovered my love of downhill skateboarding. Never thought I’d be alive to rip around on a 40kmh powered skateboard, but here I am. I live in Oakland, CA if anyone wants to shred with me.

I’m riding an Earthwing NLS, dual motors, with a chinese dual ESC (I bought two VESCS from DIY but neither is working - no lights). My next build is a Landyachtz wolfshark dual motor with VESC’s if I can get them to turn on.

Lastly, when I log in, there is no option for posting “new topic…” I can only reply. I swear I’m not a total idiot, please advise. xx. Da_gree

1 Like

Snap, I just saw that I can’t post topics till I get active-member status. Can’t wait! …

Hi eveyone. New to the eboard sceen but been tinkering with electrical components for a long time. Been skating for even longer. Finaly decided to combine the two. Currently gathering parts for my first build. Parts list teaser:

121c Aileron deck Caliber II 44* (stole from DH board) Abec 11 90mm Flywheels Torque Boards 6355 260kv (x2) Vesc 6 (x2)

I’ll start a build thread shortly with pics and more info.

Hey man welcome :raising_hand_man:t4: Can’t wait too see what your working with as I’m in progress in my making my second board with dual motors as well. This time using a loaded vanguard board, but kinda skeptical about the closure for this one due too how the board is very bendy.

Thanks for the greating. I’m kinda in the same boat with the enclosure the 121c has some flex even with their stiffest board. Was thinking of some type of interlocking enclosure that allows some articulation. Although, mounting the battery also brings up issues. Every thing in my build has to be as compact as possible since I’m only dealing with 19 inch wheelbase. Challenging but not impossible.

Hello. :nerd_face: My favorite 18650 yt channel creater just started an esk8 build😎

Not sure what vesc those are(if vesc at all) but I am excited to see his final build :smiley:

That truck position seems badass…

2 Likes

They’re not mounted :yum: @ZackoryCramer looks like maytech vescs(just going by phase lead colors)

Yea, realised that. Still many who put them on the wrong position…:joy::joy:

1 Like

I just realized that too. :rofl:

We should have races to see who can complete a circuit the fastest with their trucks turned the wrong way