[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey all. I am living in Maryland and got my first esk8 for fathers day this year (my wife’s mistale). I have longboarded for many years and loved DH. Anyway, my wife got me a lectric longboard for $299, which was actually a steal for what it is. The only issue is that I wanted more. After many hours of ghost reading on this form I made an account and somehow convinced her it was a good idea to build one. I have an Ehler switch ninja, sk3 190kv motor, ollin VESC (still waiting), and I am building 2 6s4p from Samsung 25r so I can charge using my hobby charger (I will have the wires exposed so I can charge without removing the batteries), madmonkey mod GT2B, and a KYDEX enclosure.

I do want to say thank you to everyone who has posted on here. I definitely could notbhave done it without the help of this form! I will be sure to return the favor once my build is done.

3 Likes

Hey there, just post a topic about what youre struggling about and your topic would be flooded with answers

Hello eSk8 Builders,

My name is Andrew in the Boston area and I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. Ive been skating for most of my life and in my 40’s now. In the last 15 years I have slowly stop skating all together because of work and family commitments. I recently started riding my short board and having a blast but love the idea of building something to be proud of and just getting back to carving and burning up the street again. This would be my first build. I have been on this site for only a few day and really have seen some AMAZING builds, really awesome. I love the Trampa stuff and plan on building a Street Carver. I have so many questions and really don’t know where to start. I’m on a bit of a monthly spending limit so I can only get a few things every month until completed. There are a few builders that I wanted to base my build off of, @Eboosted and @Kaly . Really great work. I have read that kaly is a great resource if you reach out, and there are a few things I would like to purchase from him as well. I was also wondering if @trampa was a rep?, again I am new and DON’T Know anything and hope I am not stepping on anyone’s toes. So if anyone has any advice to start off with I’m open to ideas. also I’m good with my hands and have built or had my hand in just about everything you can put together or build but an eSk8, I am sure to run into a bunch of problems to solve. So think and I really appreciate all of you out there and thank you again for all of your leadership and knowledge.

2 Likes

I’ll be doing an eFoil hydrofoil build. Not really skating, but tons of the same parts! Pretty stoked! Trying to make a thread about it but haven’t figured out how that works yet!

That is pretty sick. I have never see anything like that. I love this site!!!

Yeah! I’m stoked. My website for the build is here: http://www.hydrofoilbuild.com/

Once I can create a thread on this website I’ll take more about it. Still waiting on @DHSupport @onloop to help. Not sure why my account can’t create posts! lol

I’ll check it out.

Old Man Clan (60) but fit. Avid motorcyclist and old hippie and dead head. Live on a paved bike trail and looking for easy cruising and carving for fun. Thinking of a Trampa Urban Carver because the large wheels seem like they would be comfortable for the 5 mile cruise downtown for coffee. Would not rule out a street carver. Have a bit to learn about batteries etc.

2 Likes

Howdy,

I recently decided to get into building an e-sk8 after doing some research on lithium batter technology (because I want to build a portable water mister for the summer here in Vegas). While doing that I ran across jehugarcia’s youtube channel which taught a ton about batteries, but also plugged a couple cheap cells on ebay, so I bought 200. It was more than I needed so I started to look for other things to utilize the batteries (including a super loud Bluetooth portal speaker like the SoundBoks).

I am piecing things together, and have the board, mount, wheels, and pulley/hub. I bought some fiberglass and carbon fiber cloth and will be putting together an enclosure. I am not certain whether my batteries I have will be best for the build since they seem to be limited in amp, so was hoping to start a post and get some feedback on those (I guess I have to be approved before I can start a new thread).

I think since my batteries are 10amp continuous / 20amp max I’m figuring 12s/3-4p and not sure if I want to run with Torque 6355 vs 6374 yet.

Hey there, fella I know bought an evolve board to get to work on, sparked my interest now I’m here. Good to see some leading aussie ingenuity in this tech.

I’m investigating the posability of creating an all terrain duel motor longboard setup for my own commute to the train station and some weekend fun.

New to skateboarding, a fair bit to piece together in the beginning. Hope you all can help me out and I may be able to give back in tbe process.

Cheers

Hello esk8ers,

been around for a while now, but never introduced myself. I live in the southwest of Germany, in the early 40s and used to skate in my teens. After buying myself a Longboard last year and riding it for a while, I felt the urge for more. So I watched youtube videos to get an idea what I would have to do and found the enertion website. After torturing the Supporter on their Website with my questions he said I should go to this forum to get the answers I wanted. I’ve built two running esk8s with the help of this awesome forum, but they were more prototypes than a finished thing. So I never showed them here, because I was too ashamed of how they looked like. I’m trying to build a proper esk8 now, without taping everything together. :smiley:

1 Like

My names Mikey, ive been driving a ridiculous amount ever since i left school and i just want out of it… I used to skate constantly but being sweaty everywhere i show up isnt good for work haha. Im a computer instructor so i thought id throw my hat into the ring of a DIY… but honestly id rather buy someones diy to study… i would never have time to actually assemble a board i work so much. But a board like this would be so handy for me to commute to the different locations i go to.

I was really hoping for a mentor of sorts to show me the way. Like i said i am a computer instructor so i promise nothing will be to out of my brains reach… Ive been trying to make a good board with at least 800 bucks… again id rather buy one… anyone wanna lend me a helpful hand? If you help me make one and you are in the bay area to literally give me a lesson, then i will pay you for that lesson haha. Id love to have one of these boards and i know the boosted board the most reliable retail board and even that board is poop when compared to a good diy.

So, come on… dont be shy… lend a fellow skater a hand.

2 Likes

Hey I’m Richard and I own a junky Genesis Board, it runs on 36V, 4.3Ah-4.4Ah, 4300mAh battery and it goes 19.5 MPH MAX. Its got two brushless DC motors with an output of 250W-260W x 2. I’m looking to do some battery upgrades that will get my Speed Up to around 24MPH. Any suggestions let me know. I am a beginner but I can figure it out with the help of you

I don’t really know, but the first thing I would try is get some 5s lipos, wire then in series for 10s and see how it goes. It shouldn’t break anything as the voltage is the same. If nothing else you’ll get more runtime but I think you would get higher speeds as well because if the j creases amp delivery.

Hello all. I have been an e board enthusiast for a few years now. Not having the knowledge to build one I bought a manufactured e board. I've been riding it for a year and have been bitten by the bug.
The e board I have is the gen 2 Melon board. I now would like to  build an e mtb. It has to be MBS based as I get a deal there. I've been looking at E-Toxx and Scram for ideas then I started looking around this forum and was amazed.

For my first build I think I want to use those 80mm Leopard motors ( I am new remember). I am begining to understand that there is an ESC better than VESC for e mtbs because of higher current. I need to learn about that kind of stuff. What do check out.

Hello builders :slight_smile: i’m collecting some infos to start planning my build and this forum seems to be a good place to learn something about it :+1:

Hi, I am Sterling and I am a sophomore in college in Boston looking to make my own elongboard to get around town. Currently looking at a low to mid range budget. I was originally thinking doing two motors but when I realized you need two vesc’s I decided to just stick with one beefy motor. I was originally looking to make a 8s2p battery pack using zippy testflight Li-po 4s batteries but I was recently advised to steer away from li-po’s and use Lithium Ions instead. I am looking for some advice on the type of battery set up I should do and any input would be amazing, especially where to get the batteries from. Thanks for everyone’s help in advanced.

Any gurus wanna have a crack at this?

Looking for VESC config so that the 90kv motors go SLOW and STRONG

1 Like

Hi! UK rider looking for advice on riding around the type of pavement we have. Just awaiting the ‘new post’ button to be enabled :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello

Im new to this forum and excited to join!! Build 2 E-Boardsd already. One E-MTB and a E-Longboard. I Love the E-MTB!! the ride is smoother and way more fun!!! But the mileage sucks. Im here to upgrade both boards as i have built these over 4 years ago! Im looking mainly into the VESC.

Looking forward!

2 Likes