[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

i have new single 6374 190kv here in Indonesia, if you’re interested to built one, or anyone else in Indonesia, just pm me.

Hey everyone. Im a new member to this forum. a little bit about me: I’m currently studying mechanical engineering and I’ve been tinkering and building electric skateboards since high school.

most of the DIY e-boards i’ve seen are bluetooth controlled, but what do you guys think about weight sensing boards, such as the Z-Board? Have any of you guys considered doing a DIY weight sensing board?

Hello group. I am a mountainboard rider since the dawn of time. I’ve always been interested in motorised mountainboards and coming here to get up to speed on current technology.

2 Likes

My first electric skateboard.

4 Likes

Hey Group!

Probably like quite a few others here - into many different things - like to build/make. CNC’d a mill a few years ago - have plenty of drones, etc. Started early life as a surfer - it never died. less surf now, more snowboarding…want to see if I can do more. :wink:

Hey all, I’ve been looking into esk8s for about half a year now and decided it was just time to take some action, especially before I go to college with financial responsibilities! I have a Loaded Vanguard Flex 3 that’s all beaten up so I’m not looking to make an ascetically perfect build, just one that’s neat with dual motors. I plan to be making my own controller and know I need dual vescs but I’m lost as to the rest of the electronics and the specific ones to buy. I’m 6 foot and 210 pounds so I’m a little worried that dual motors won’t handle me. Anyways, sorry for the long winded post, but I’m excited to finally join the community!

@Aljove12 What type is your motor? do you want LiPo or Li-ion batteries? estimated range and top speed that you want?, those questions is the first that i think my self hope to help!

210 is not a problem i think, with single or up hills u might br slower but with motors / setups everyone is using it should be a problem at all.

I would like to use LiPo for the convenience and price and am thinking about going along the route of the @jackw Beauxsted Board with some personal creative spins. He’s using two 6355 190kv 16-36, but I’m not sure if it is still one of the the best options or if something else has been developed that would be better for me. I would like either 20 or 25 mph since it is my first build and most likely won’t be ready to go any faster and I would also like the range to be 25 miles or higher, but honestly, I’ll take what I can get haha. Thanks so much for your help and input!

Okay, good. I live in semi-rural Indiana, so hills more often than not aren’t too bad here. Thanks for the reassurance!

Hello, i’m new in the world of electric skateboards. I want to motorise my trampa mountainboard and have browsing this forum, youtube and several sites for a setup of my own to build. Can you tell me if this is a good setup for me? I weight about 84 kg and my board is about 7kg. I live in Belgium, a flat country but i want to go offroad sometimes… I have 14years experience on a skateboard and 10y on a snowboard, so am not a beginner on boards. Also i need a charger for the batteries below in my list, what’s recommeded?

Electric mountainboard build

Motor mount x2 (£120 - €130,8) https://www.scramboards.com/parts/scram-motor-bracket-super-easy-install.html

Motors x2 ($162 - €136,3)

(V)ESC x2 ($118 - €99,3) diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/#whatvescconnectors

Battery x2 ($77,10 - €64,9)

Drive train (£168 - € 183) https://www.scramboards.com/parts.html?page=2

Battery indicator LCD ($7 - €5,9) http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Indicator-for-12V-24v-36v-48v-CAR-Lead-acid-lithium/172143986261?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Df11d625055f44abaab01d75be8c85db2%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D3318791017972

Remote + receiver($40 - €33,7) https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2-4ghz-mini-remote-controller-with-receiver/377608417.html#sshot_-1-null

Connectors xt90 ($13 - €10,9)

Thank you for the help!

@DaddyYo Same here, want to motorise my trampa mountainboard. I would love to commute on this board but pushing is way too heavy!

Hi everybody,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Mathieu and I live in Montréal, Canada. I am more a snowboarder than a skateboarder but I am pretty sure I will enjoy the ride. So, here I am jumping in the DIY world because it seems really fun and I’m always willing to learn.

What I’m looking for my first build :

• Range : +/-30 km or +/-20 miles
  • Speed : +/- 40 kmh or +/- 25mph
  • Board Weight : <20 lbs
  • Board Lengh : +/- 37 in
  • Rider weight and height : 6’3’’, 210lbs
  • Terrain : Sketchy city road with some hills
  • Use : Commute to work
  • Single drive with capability to upgrade to dual drive
  • Budget : <1000 USD

My first build list

After spending long hours reading you on this forum, here is my first building list for my futur SPARTAN beta: Am I really allowed to give it a name at this point ?:sweat_smile:

Skateboard parts

• Deck : No idea yet, boosted board clone maybe (any suggestion ?)
  • Trucks : TorqueBoard 218mm
  • Wheels : MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels 100mm
  • Bearings : Deville Knucklehead Bearings ABEC 9
  • Truck spacers : No idea yet

Mechanicals parts

• Motor mounts : TorqueBoard or Solidgeek 3d printed mount
  • Belt : HTD5 12mm but lenght will depend of Gear Ratio
  • Drive wheel pulley : No idea, will depend of Gear Ratio (36T ?)
  • Motor wheel pulley : No idea, will depend of Gear Ratio (16T ?)

Any suggestion for the best Gear Ratio ? @onloop, not sure to fully understand your guide here

Electronicals parts

• Remote : Nano Remote from TorqueBoard or any other suggestions ?
  • ESC : TorqueBoard VESC
  • Motor : Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192KV or TorqueBoard Motor 6374 190KV
  • Wires and connectors

Enclosure

• Most likely 3d printed

Battery pack

For sure I would like a 12s setup to be able to get the most of the 6374 motor but maybe 10s is enough ? I would also love to get a Li-Ion pack but it might be to expensive…

If you keep in mind that I would like to be able to upgrade eventually to a dual 6374, what would you suggest ? @barajabali If I plan to build one, what would be the materials cost and could someone help me building it in Montréal (ie : spot welder)?

For a LiPo set-up, I’m thinking about 4 x ZIPPY Compact 5800mAh 3s 60c Lipo to start (12s1p, 5800mAh, 60C).

Cost +/- 600 USD without battery pack and without shipping

Your suggestions ?

• Deck ?
  • Gear Ratio ?
  • Remote ?
  • Battery set-up ?

Thank you guys and bonne journée

Hi so I have a razor e300 scooter and was wondering if I could take the original setup off of it and make the wheel size to a long board size and make a wirelease controller if possible? And if the whole thing is doable? Thanks !

Hello, I’m not so new. I have ben following forum for more than a year. I got in GroupBuy with Jlab which was very nice experience. Recently, my Evolve bamboo died with failed battery; it is a pity, because everything else still works. I’m very motivated to build my eboard now. I’m logging my build progress, and will make the thread when it’s done. The parts for my build are:

10s4p battery 2 maytech vescs 2 maytech motors 2 set of pulley and wheel pulley for flywheel 4 set of old flywheel; these wheel outlast Evolve bamboo’s battery :smiley: 1 battery enclosure from psychotiller 1 deck: RAYNE SAVAGE V2 LOLO

Let me know if you have any suggestion. Thanks!

Hi @SpartanFrench! i`m doing the same as you for you range, speed, Budget… i have an Excel with all my parts that i pretend to buy i dont know how to send it to you…

You mean something like that :wink:

1 Like

Hi sorry for the late post… i thinks with 1x 6374 192kv (Turnigy SK3) you should be ok with a 10S2p (for the speed and the range)

yeah like that jajajajajaja this is what i have in mind

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Johann from France. A few month ago I started reading stuff everywhere about electric longboard, after a few months I jumped in and made my first electric longboard with everything holding under my board with ducktap, I love it. Okay it’s probably not the best build but if anyone is interested I can post pictures. I have posted some on my instagram already.

Sorry for my english haven’t been using english for a while.