[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

You are probably best replying/ asking questions to BV on his vesc site or one of his other pages. If you see Frank from Trampa around he can likely put you in the right direction he distributes the VESC6. A powered board sounds cool, many have been watching vlogs of this dude who made a hydrofoil… have a look for the post & GL bro sounds like fun!

Hi dudes…i aquired a board called ‘The Carver 500 Pro’ Electric Skateboard by EPIC. The battery is bust …looking for ideas on building a new battery :slight_smile:

hi all , i come from french country , and i just started an setup of e-board :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi I’ve registered about a week, still a noob, but saying Hello to the world~

here is my board https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcJcce2q4bo

1 Like

Maybe do some research @Holyman92 in to the shaft size and how it mounts in the motor, how to remove your motor shaft & you might be able to either make a suitable shaft or buy one for a helicopter so you can reverse mount the shaft so it sticks out the other end of the motor? :sunglasses:

Maybe it could be easier than making a funky mount?

Hey everyone, about to build my second-ish board once parts come in. This is my first board, but I helped a friend build one last year, which was a big learning experience. I’ve learned that it is better to get the best parts and invest the first time instead of replacing mediocre parts repeatedly. My board will be like a boosted clone but slightly different. I have the deck from a boosted board, a 6355 190KV from DIY, 10S3P HG2 battery pack, FOCBOX, motor mount from DIY, Magsafe charging, and headlights (eventually). I have designed some custom enclosures to house everything which will be almost exactly the same size as Boosted’s enclosures. This forum has been full of great info and people, and I can’t wait to get started building!

I’m new here and thinking about rebuilding my Loaded Ceviche into an electric board. (https://www.amazon.com/Loaded-Freeride-Longboard-Skateboard-Complete/dp/B007ZBPX5Y).

I will mainly use the board to go to university about a 15 minute ride from home. The roads are pretty smooth and no hills. I’ve pretty much decided on hub-motors because of less noise and easier assembly as it’s my first build. Keeping the front truck on my board and mounting the ‘motorized’ truck in the back.

I’ve been looking at a few different parts and want to know what you think. I know it’s a little higher risk buying chinese parts, but I want to keep down the price a little and not spend $1000 on the build. Located in Sweden and weigh 80kg/176lbs.

Motors: Dual maytech 70mm with trucks. (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Maytech-5pcs-10-OFF-challenge-skateboard-50A-VESC-7052-diy-longboard-hub-motor-with-truck/32775419857.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000023.14.4b24ae2b0d80mZ) Downside with this is the quite low top-speed (around 25kph/15mph). I would like a top speed over 30kph/19mph. Thinking about a bit larger wheels (maybe 80mm) for a little higher top speed. I’ve heard maytech are alright for the price.

• Any other alternatives or opinion about the maytech?

Vesc: Is it a bad idea to buy a package from aliexpress and maytech with the included vesc? Is it much better to buy the vesc seperately? (more expensive also…)

Batteries: What batteries would you recommend for my setup? Desired range would be 10 miles+

Sorry for all the beginner questions but would really appreciate the input!

Hi! My advice to you: Spend a little more. Yes, you can buy all chinese parts. Yes, for some people it works well. The problem is, when it doesn’t and that happens while driving at 30/40/50 kmh, you learn to fly unvoluntarily. There are some tried and tested sellers of vesc’s on these forums. Enter “VESC EU” into the search bar and see what comes up. Motors I can’t say - I only ride belt drives. Batteries: Read up on the difference between LIPOs and LION cells. Read up on the different brands and models of the 18650 LION cells. Before you buy and you’re unsure, make a forum post.

This is a great hobby you’re getting into, just one where you benifit if you read loads. You’ve found the right place for that, now it’s on you :slight_smile:

Hey, I got a webshop with maytech material : https://electriclongboardsolutions.storelaunchers.com/

Didn’t try the hub motors yet but I can add them to my next wholesale order so I can give you a better price :slight_smile:

I’m from Belgium so it’s already imported in the EU :wink:

I have no idea what I’m doing

2 Likes

None of do bro…

1 Like

@boubak hey! can you plz make a thread with your build plz! i´m considering doing a tan tien build my self but i just want to compare the estetics with a Vanguar, i mean what i would like more. or just upload photos plz! thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Long time reader, first time poster. How do you start a new thread in this forum?

Hi all, currently I am building my first electric board. After some looking around and receiving enough info from @JTAG and @MrEpiquad (thanks!) I ordered all the gear.

I am using a Bob Brunotti board and found a cheap dual motor setup on Ebay, I haven’t seen any reviews on it so I will keep you posted about the performance, for now: it looks really good, feels sturdy and is cheap. My only concern is that the belt is really tight, so probably some tweaking is needed ;). Here is the ebay link and some pictures. 1500W dual motor kit

I also started with a glass/carbon fiber enclosure big enough to fit two Zippy 8000mah LiPo’s and the electronics. In the future we will make a mould to make a nice and sleek carbon fiber enclosure.

Furthermore, I will be using VESCs (4.2) and the BMS developed bij JTAG :smiley:.

5 Likes

Hey look very nice! Plz make a thread with a review of those… cheap as f***

1 Like

Will do :wink:

1 Like

Hi! everyone I’m new but I already star to reading immediately, like 2 weeks ago… I forget to introduce myself well I’m from Chile (South America) and I’m in the phase of reading (a lot) to understand how to start a build because I do not know anything just soldering (I think!). so, lest start with what I have in mind! Longboard Setup Deck: Loaded Icarus Flex 1 Trucks: Gullwing Pilloni Reverse Blue/Black 10.0/47A Blue/Black Wheels: 83mm Flywheels clone + Bearings Bones Red

For the Electronic setup: Motor: Turnigy SK3 6374 192kv Mount: Turnigy skateboard conversion kit Pulley: 36T ABEC Pulley combo kit (36T/13T) ESC: Torque ESC VESC BLDC electronic speed controller Batteries: 10S1P 5Ah (Turnigy 5Ah 2S 30C Lipo w/XT90) Remote: 2.4GHz Radio Remote controller + Receiver (From ebay, really cheap)

Others: Metr XT-90 (to connect in series the batteries) 5.5mm Bullet connectors (need to change the connector from the motor to connect to the VESC) ABS Sheet 3mm (For make the case for the VESC and the Batteries) Plus, other things like Nuts and locktite etc to put the things in the board.

What I have in mind after this build is to make another 10S1P 5Ah batterie to make it swappable.

Right now I need to find a BMS and read about VESC

That´s it! Tell me what do you guys think! (I think is rock solid)

1 Like

Hallå eller?!

I’m Lowe, from Sweden. Been longboarding since 2010 and meddling with electronics since I was a kid. Began combining both when I discovered Casey Neistat.

So far I’ve done 2 builds. Once I’m done with my current Boosted clone I might make a smaller(penny sized) board.

I love photography, so I try and do my best to document my builds as much as possible. Been dipping my toes in video filming/editing with my Sony a6500. Might post more of that in the future.

While I do love my longboard, it seems I’m more into building the stuff than actually riding it.

Cheers

2 Likes

Hi guys i’m Pedro i’m form Portugal, but i’ve been living in the UK for a While now, i’m a nooby on e-vehicles, now i use a XIAOMI m365 to commute and it has been quite a fun, and now after browsing around the forum i decided to build my first e-sk8board, i’ve already own a longboard, know i’m waiting for a couple of parts from diyeletricsk8boards, 2x6355 190kv 2x120a 12s esc NOT (VESC), 4x 5s 5000mah 35c lipos and the rest lets see how it goes :P.

2 Likes

Orlando here. Picked up an Evolve GTX and am addicted to it. I ride daily. Down for any group rides in florida. I own a business in downtown orlando and can host to meet for group rides.

1 Like