[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Ok. I don’t know much about the stuff. Figured we could learn together more or less lol. I’m starting to think I want to go with a hub motor since it’ll save space.

Hi, I’m new here and my name is John. I have been thinking about building a board for a while. I am 45 years old and haven’t ridden in a while, but I just can’t get the idea of building a board out of my head. I guess my first question would be this: has anybody done this with a Yocaher aluminum board? Thanks!

Hi everybody! I’m Ash and i’m currently gathering materials for my first build. i do have some questions of course. my first question is how do i create a post on here?

i also would like to know what people think are the best trucks for an eboard? are the gullwing sidewinder II trucks good or should i stick with regular ones?

i was also wondering what people are using to charge their batteries? i was gonna do a 12s setup using 2x 6s 8000mah turnigy graphene LiPo batteries from hobbyking, is this a good idea?

i’m planning on using a dual motor setup with 2x turnigy sk3 6354 260kv motors. i would like to be able to tackle the hills in my area as well as get long range. would i be able to get about 20mi with my current battery and motor setup?

lastly, for now anyway, i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get as low-profile-as-can-be enclosures for my dual vesc and batteries?

any help would be much obliged please and thank you!

you need to make a few posts before you can make a topic, it’s an anti-spam measure. The gold standard for trucks are the caliber II trucks, specifically because the hangars are square which makes it easy to mount the motor. you can modify other trucks to have square hangars but that’s a lot of grinding…

for an easy way to calculate range and speed and plan your build, use this

Sup, I’m making a electric Penny board. Mainly to have a light board I can throw in my backpack and use for small commutes.

Besides it looking like an IED, it works pretty well for a prototype!

4 Likes

What kind of trucks are they, and what size wheels?

oh interesting, you have one of those clasping motor mounts that hugs both sides of the trucks, i’m guessing so you don’t need to fool with caliber trucks’ square profile to keep the motor mount on?

but yeah i’d work on pretty-ing up that board, really does look like an explosive. Lunchboxes make decent enclosures and you can screw through the board (with some washers distributing load on the lunchbox’s thin metal)

What kind of trucks are they, and what size wheels?

They’re the Penny (clone) default 3" trucks and 59mm wheels. Tinnnyyy

oh interesting, you have one of those clasping motor mounts that hugs both sides of the trucks, i’m guessing so you don’t need to fool with caliber trucks’ square profile to keep the motor mount on?

Nope! It’s a 3D printed part which I was worried about but its lasted me a couple of months with only slight damage.

but yeah i’d work on pretty-ing up that board, really does look like an explosive. Lunchboxes make decent enclosures and you can screw through the board (with some washers distributing load on the lunchbox’s thin metal)

It does look a lil dodgy… but solid lunch box idea. I’ve had issues with the amount the board flexes so I’ll have to think of a way to mount it with flex in-mind

1 Like

Thanks. I was trying to do a small setup like yours but the consensus on here seemed to be use bigger trucks and wheels. How did you get the gears on the wheels?

I think it would be cool to see the mount more closer. Do u have more pics?

Hello,

I’m a noobie requesting some eSk8 tech help on choosing which skateboard electronics to use for a non-skate project. I’m converting a variable speed 12V cordless hand tool to wireless remote activation.

Mostly I request your thoughts to create a short electronic parts shopping list, including brands to avoid, etc. Also, I am interested in joining your next group order for one or two of the Enertion Nano-x 2.4GHZ Remote Controllers.

Since this is for a hand tool, I want to stick with a pistol grip ergonomics, but also want the most durable unit available. How does a TorqueBoards 2.4Ghz Mini Remote Controller (or China knockoff) hold up by comparison in the real world?

I assume that I’ll need a VESC or ESC, though I don’t know the difference? I simply need to replicate -remote activate- the variable speed throttle that is built into the 12V tool, i.e. just GO & Idle …no reverse, brake, or trim control is required.

VESC is vague for me. The 12V tool has its own built-in variable speed trigger switch, so isn’t adding a VESC redundant?

Once components are acquired, how and where do I connect to the cordless tool without risking a short or overload? Should I wire the VESC/Receiver straight to the motor, as on a skateboard, or splice into the tool switch wiring harness?

Minus battery, charger, motor, are additional electronic sb parts required, such as a wiring harnesses, bind pin etc?

The maximum size power pack of the cordless tool is 4.0 AH, in case that makes any difference in component choice. Any technical and/or parts sourcing assistance that you or other eSk8 members care to offer is greatly appreciated!

Epic Eskating to all…

TMT

OK to email me on this topic also: [email protected]

Hi everyone, my interest in e-boards is a little different than most. I’m trying to come up with something that will work as an off road mobility device. Basically a version of the golf board, possibly with steering that will allow me to get around parks, for disc golf.

I was going to post in the general, but don’t see an option to create a new thread, so figured I’ll post here. I have no first hand experience with these, and don’t want to put a bunch of money in the wrong direction, so my first question is: Going through grass, will “regular trucks” with 10" wheels go okay? I’m debating if I should come up with some sort of high ground clearance solution to minimize drag (something like a modified frame of this wagon). Speed is far from a priority (keep pace with someone walking) but range is a major concern, especially since I’m almost 300 pounds.

Thanks

Hello my name is Caleb. I’m going to be building myself an electric longboard and this looks like the best place for info.

I got the board and will be looking for electronics, batteries, and mounts next.

Here’s the board I’ll be using.

2 Likes

There are a couple of off road boards here. Search trampa or eletric mountain board. If you see MBS board that’s probably also a mountainboard.

Dunno about 10inch wheels, u can check http://esk8builds.com click on duffman, I believe he has largest wheels ive seen here on this forum

Not sure will u be able to ask him specific questions about his build but u can check around what he has posted already

Thank you for that link. Looks like some good info on there.

The 3D printed mount is your design? Quite interested in that as I have not seen any other pennyboard truck mounts before. Are you going to share the CAD?

I stole the STL files from this dude https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=67792

It works pretty well, I’m currently working on a revamp’d version (motor cover & belt cover)

Hi guys. My name is Patrick but I generally use the Flexscoot or Flexboardz pseudo on forum (the name of the boards or scooters I make). After reading this forum for years to learn about electric technology, I now introduce myself as yesterday Okami posted a video about Flexboardz wheels design (and caused my first reply).

Shortly, I’ve made mountainboards/kiteboards during few years under the Flexboardz brand and I am now “recycling” this technology in 3 wheels electric scooters, in particular for people with mobility problem (seated version). Flexscoot

Finally, to get more relevant, I hope to launch a second generation of Flexboardz suitable for easy E-board conversion (see below). I will keep learning about electric from the forum members and will open a post about board designs and performances.

1 Like

Hi my name is Ethan! I’m a 15 year old kid from Wisconsin, USA. I’m a beginning youtube/filmmaker, major tech enthusiast, and basically just interested in anything extremely cool and unique (thats kinda why I’m here :D)! I love quality build things and in the coming months I hope to build my own amazing electric skateboard that I can tear up the streets with! I’m looking forward to the community and advice that this forum offers!

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m Jake from WI (not state farm). Been lurking for the past two months and have successfully built a 12s4p 6355 vesc board with the info posted here! I’ll post a build thread soon. It’s just strapped together for now, but the plan is to get it fully assembled with a thermal formed ABS case. I’ve got a 3D printer, desktop CNC/router, and a workshop to support my build. Put on about 30 miles so far and I won’t be stopping any time soon! It’s unbelievable how fast these things are, not to mention the range - nothing like it!

3 Likes