[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi everyone! New to the board.

I brought a prebuilt board back in August from scramboards…com or should i say scamboards, and its never worked, its gone about 10 meters before cutting out. So im here to try and learn and see how i can fix the board myself as the company are no longer responding to my emails.

The forum looks great, and some really great builds here :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: New member from Oslo, Norway.

I started riding skateboard when i was about 8 years, and got my first longboard when I was 23, 2 years ago. Now Im gonna buy a electric skateboard. Not really sure if Im gonna buy the dual motors kit from Enertion or make something on my own. It would be more expensive to make it diy. If someones got questions about Lipo or something else. Just ask. Im glad to help.

I’ve been doing the rc hobby for about 6 years. There’s a lot of vehicles in my collection. The list is: 7 cars. Traxxas Slash and Summit, Axial SCX10, Wraith, Custom SCX10-axle 8x8, Yeti XL, Tamiya M-03. 2 tracked vehicles. Kyosho Blizzard DF-300 EP and Custom project dual Blizzard like the Swedish Hägglunds BV206. 2 planes. Horizon Extra 300 and a Super Cub. 1 boat. Cant remember the make, but its small. Not more than 30 cm long. It got a small BL motor. 7 drones. DJI Naza custom frame 1000mm, Dji phantom v1.1 with custom hatch that can be opened remotely in the air, Dji phantom 2 with drone racer electronics, Hubsan X4, 250 size drone for racing, 190 size drone for racing and a small very powerful 150 size drone for racing. I have a lot of experience from Lipo-batteries. I have a lot of them too, The smallest is 1s 500mah and the biggest is 6s 10Ah. I have a messy YT-channel where I post videos from time to time. You can find some of my projects there. I dont earn any big money from youtube yet, just a little bit a month from the commercials at my videos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve decided to build my own Skateboard and found this place. I’ve seen a few people with the Boosted Boards and think they’re a great idea. In some cities it makes more sense to have something like an electronic skateboard as opposed to a car. I make a short trip to my local gym every other day and this skateboard will be perfect.

I seen the Boosted board was £500 and immediately wondered what the build quality was like. I looked around on YouTube and although that company seems okay I think I’d prefer to build my own. I want the HUB motors, not a belt drive. I want at least 30mph and lots of range. I knew to get those things I’d need to build my own. For the added performance and reliability I’ll happily pay more.

I came across a video on Youtube of Scott Kellum talking about his board. Very impressed by it and I’m looking to build something similar. I’d be happy to follow Scott’s guide but I did see him say a new V3 version of the wheels he used will be out soon. If that’s the case I’ll wait until their released. Meantime I can work on a board and there’s some great ideas for that one here. I’m confident I can build something better than any after market product. I just need to research the best parts and then get down to ordering them.

1 Like

Hiya

I’m from the Bay Area, and my board happens to be a Carbon GT for those hills here. But this was before I even knew that DIY board forums existed. So I have been lurking for awhile and decided to make an account on this forum. The copious amounts of info and data on this forum rocks and I’m having a blast learning the ins and outs of e-boarding.

In the future I’m planning on re-purposing and modifying the Evolve to … Un-Evolve it. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll decide that when the battery starts dying on me. So in the mean time, just going to enjoy the board as is and start decide on parts to retrofit this sucker.

Cheers!

1 Like

hello everyone. i have enjoyed myself a huge amount lately in this forums, and after filling up with ideas and envy from all of you i have finally decided to sign in, comment and go ahead to make my own board. its going to be a slow start because of the days we are in but i am highly motivated. i plan on finding myself a second hand (its going to be my first board ever)fairly in good state mountain board and filling it with the following 2xTurnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 5065-236kv 2xHobbyking SS Heli Series 70-80A ESC(future upgrade to a vesc when i can afford) 3xTurnigy 5800mAh 2S 25C in a 6s1p configuration (upgradable to 8s or 10s when vesc is afforded) hK-GT2B 8mm pitch chain 8 or 9 teeth motor sprocket 30 or 35 teeth wheel sprocket custom made aluminium motor mounts and 3d printed enclosures any ideas or opinions?

1 Like

Hey there!

I’m new to both forums and electric longboards. Planning to build my own in the next months. I realize it’s a lot of work, so I’m trying to do a lot of research and trying to make sure I buy the right parts right away.

To help myself in the process, I “wrote” a little excel tool to help me decide what to do.

Basically you input data about: motor, battery, board (wheels, pulleys) and it outputs maximum velocity, range and others.

So…my first post will be a contribution to the community. There you go:

http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/e-board

Now if you want to help me :slight_smile: (thank you!) you could tell me what parts I should buy to make a built with:

a top speed of 40 km/h a range of 13+km With a guy of 80kg on top.

I’m not sure if a 270kv 2000W single motor will do. Also: a single motor will cause the board to “turn automatically”, right? Aaaand last but not least. The battery. 8000mAh, 20C ?

I realize there is a lot more to know. Like…how the hell does a VESC work :smiley:

But at this stage, any help is of great value.

Thank you and enjoy! Let me know what you think of the excel!

Cheers,

Matt

2 Likes

Well, here goes.

I’m really interested in building a board but first I have to learn to skate on one (had a board when I was a kid, was kind of useless with it).

I’m now approaching 35 and decided, yeah, why not. Let’s be totally ridiculous and attempt to not only learn how to skate, but do it at higher speed than usual! (But at least I’ll have brakes, right?)

My plan is to get a longboard and learn while slowly getting together the parts to add the motorised components. Then when I have everything together I should have a decent feel of how the thing travels.

I plan to use the Pi Zero to control my board, does anybody else use one of these?

I have a background in electronics and am an electronic engineer by trade, so I have a great deal of knowledge in electronics and electrical components. I wil try to add that knowledge to the board as and wehn I can contribute.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Renato and I’m from Itatiba/SP - Brazil.

I’m a mechanical and electrical engineer and skateboarder. I join to this group because I’m studying to convert one of my longboard into a e-sk8.

1 Like

Hello, I am a new member. I have been researching on line (YouTube) and following this forum for the past year or so. I have a 41" Globe Pinner that I will convert to electric. I swapped out the trucks for Caliber II 50’s and stock wheels for 83mm Flywheel clones. Added 1/2 inch spacers and moved trucks to bottom (drop thru). I have some RC gear that I am going to use to cut down on overall cost (Traxxas Transmitter/Receiver/charger). I ordered motor, motor mount & belt/pulley kit from Enertion (in the mail). I already have 2 - 2S Lipo’s and ordered a 3rd for 6S power. I already got some good information about building the “series” wiring harness from some of the guys on this forum. Once I get further along I might add plastic or metal plugs/covers for drop thru holes in board, add on/off switch & volt meter mounted on top for use as fuel guage. I will also be purchasing a VESC from Enertion as well. I am looking into Plano 3600 waterproof box for batteries, VESC, etc. That’s all for now. Here is a pic of my starting point.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’ve owned an Acton Blink that was upgraded to hub motor and my V2 Boosted Dual + is getting worked on (should have kept, only got RLoD once after rain then ran perfect). Looking to eventually build a board so each component I select can be used! I prefer portable, fast boards like the Carvon EMCX.

Welcome. Plenty of :anguished::anguished: “ahem” older folks here. Over 40 myself and haven’t ridden since my teens. On a crappy board. Although I did get my brother to pull me around behind a bike, so not new to powered :joy: boards. Just start building and have fun!

3 Likes

Hey Renato, I’m studyibg mech Engineering (Masters) and “wrote” a little Excel to help figure out the basics.

Check it out two posts above :slight_smile:

Would be nice to get your feedback.

Good fun and good luck!

I’m Leroy from Georgia. I’ve been riding skateboards for 30 years. I rode half pipes and pools and water drainage systems until I turned 30 and then I did mostly street , with a focus on downhill slides.

I’ve never owned a helmet, the only equipment I have ever used were knee pads on vert, and 2x4 wood blocks nailed to the palms of work gloves for sliding.

I bought a benchwheel and that metal beam makes it ride like a log. I took the parts and stuck them on an 32" Arbor deck, now it’s a lot of fun… as long as tape holds.

Sparks go flying.

Since the photo, I’ve removed all that tape, and switched to black gorilla tape, it makes it look really classy :slight_smile:

The alligator clip/fuse holder kind of melted, so I replaced it with that silicone wire.

I know very little about electricity and electrics,

I’m a software guy, I write code.

I came here looking for new wheels and stuff. I figure y’all have all the cool trick parts.

2 Likes

Welcome @leroy I am glad to see another Georgia esk8 rider!! Are you in north GA? There is a ton of data on this forum, let us know if you have any questions about your build/re-build!

Yeah, I’m out in Gwinnett. Where are you? I’m glad to hear you teach robotics, I have been wanting to build an army of giant killer robots, I was thinking 50ft tall, but maybe now I’m thinking 75ft would be better.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! I’m here representing team Minnesota.

My only plan so far is to build a mountain board that can easily switch its’ standard pneumatic tires out for normal longboard flywheels. Other than that, I hope to take part in any midwest-US meet ups that happen.

HI! I am starting with a Genesis Tomahawk! I hope someone here can help me improve/re-build it and Eventually transfer the setup to a better deck!

Thank You!!!

Hey guys I recently just finished putting together my first skateboard with a turnigy sk3 245 and a multistar battery 4s 16000 mah. However, the motor literally won’t push anything, it is as if there is no torque being provided. If someone can help that would be great. Im planning to order 2 4s 5200 mah batteries instead of the one big one. Thank you

1 Like

hi I’m trying to to a Eboard ride with some people in DC i got the Carbon Gt last month. open to suggestions

I am over in Forsyth!

All of our killer robots are 50 grams or less and use four propellers…