[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/product/190kv-sensored-motor-6354-6374/

I got the 6355 190kV sensorless motor, got it just before it went on sale, so I was kicking myself a little.

and 25mph isnā€™t bad, what gearing and kV is that using?

Hey everyone, my name is Ethan. I am 14 years old and recently (start of October) decided it would be crazy fun to make an electric longboard. I have been researching a ton and have slowly compiled a list of parts. My goal is to create a somewhat affordable/cheap board open for customization and upgrades. I want to slowly upgrade and fix whatever problems I have to one day get my dream board (which I sort of hope never happens). I need my board to travel back and forth from school, and go up and down hills. So far, I am hovering around $400, and I hope to get it under that. Iā€™ve honestly never done anything like this, but I am taking it slow and learning a lot. Itā€™s been a lot of fun so far and I hope start ordering parts soon.

I have a more detailed plan on Google Sheets that I will show on a separate thread I think, but here is a rough idea of what Iā€™m doing:

245KV Turnigy SK3 Motor 2 3S 5000mah batteries 120A ESC Custom Motor Mount Clamp 54 Tooth Pulley 36 Tooth Wheel Pulley 18 Tooth Motor Pulley

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, please feel free to reply. Thanks in advance!

Hello eSk8 world! Iā€™m Sage. 40 something year old truck driver. I own my own truck and run it as my business (Owner Operator). I want to build a longbboard for travel to/from the truck and around whatever city I end up in, it will be my traveling transportation!

Been reading A LOT! Finally decided on some parts, then saw @jwoodsentertainment had to sell his parts before even building it, so I shall carry on the dream!

13/36 gearing

However, I will start out with 8s lipo (for safetyā€™s sake) and upgrade later to 12s.

So excited to start building and looking forward to input on my build post (upcoming).

1 Like

Hello from Scotland!

Iā€™m Fin, just discovering this community and Iā€™m super glad it exists! Long boarding was my go to as a teenager, sadly my boards now gather dust thanks to my car. Iā€™ve been trying to wrap my head around what is in involved in building an esk8 to get me back into it, Jasonā€™s YouTube videos have been invaluable (you should definitely be plugging them more in beginners threads!)

I worked in electronics for years, so the mark up (and design) of a boosted board made my stomach churn. I have a loaded vanguard so itā€™s time to make a better one myself!!

2 Likes

Hello!

Im from Poland, wanting to build first e-longboard. Decided to use single motor with 6s setup, simple, hope not so expensive, enough for cruising mostly on flat streets.

Need advice, is this would be good for first ride?

https://www.surfdome.com/osprey_skate_longboards_-osprey_skate_stripe_downhill_longboard-_38_inch-217962

Greetings! A.

Hi! Just joined and hoping to get some help in building an electric mountainboard. Have been building multicopters for a while but want to see if I can build something else which might make my daily commute easier.

Right now Im thinking about an MBS 90X board but Iā€™m having trouble finding any gears / beltdrives and motor mounts for it.

Any tips on what to look for are very appreciated :wink:

1 Like

Hi Just joined I am making a electric longboard for my self as part of a engineering projects at college. Could use some help from the community. I will be making the board and mounting bracket myself.

I will be using a Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Turnigy 5000mAh 3S 20C Lipo x3 HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter (will change to a wii in time)

Was going to get the new VESC, Is it worth it? Or just get a ESC, as the VESC only a 60A

I will be using 90mm wheels.

Not sure about the gears/beltdrives? If the parts are any good?

Thanks Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

A VESC is always good, whats your budget and where are you from

Thank you My budget is up Ā£500 but could go higher. Iā€™m from the UK

Ok cool i am from the UK too!

I sell motors on this website

https://eu.electric-skateboard.market/store/polar/

I advise getting a VESC!

Hey eSk8 community!

Iā€™m a 19 year old aspiring eSk8 builder and Iā€™m here to ask you for some advice regarding my board that Iā€™m planning to create over the course of this winter! My plan:

• Dual motor (I know the price difference, but I want the grip, the aesthetics, the thrust)
  • Medium range of arround 12-14km
  • Topspeed thatā€™s high enough to keep me from wanting more even after a while of riding on it, even on straight bike roads, that might be more helpful for you than an amateur throwing with a stupid number around him.
  • Strong torque for my low weight of 65kg (187m in case that is relevant) that will master any reasonable angle sovereignly and without problems.
  • Likewise, good breaking power for my weight.
  • A good mix between stability and maneuverability
  • A fairly beginner friendly build that will keep me satisfied as I learn.
  • A healthy mix between quality and price for an amateur, with room for customization (e.g.: Indicators/lights, swappable batteries for longer trips, other electronics), this is probably guaranteed though due to the DIY factor :wink:

More information:

• I live in an urban environment with medium hillage (is that even a word), but I also want it to be fun and mobilizing in less restricting, isolated and flat environments (think inter-village bike way)
  • Iā€™m looking to seriously use and care for the board daily
  • Surprisingly, I am trying to stay rather low on the price. A rough number would be 650 ā‚¬ , that ends up as 800 ā‚¬

I have the collected the basic information from this site and @onloops YT regarding boards, electronics, components, motor setup, transmission and I am a quiet experienced DIY-er, but my weakest point is probably programming and component balancing (knowing what to buy to not waste potential).

Now I need your experience and knowledge to help me find the right components while considering the points I named above, I need concrete advice on which products to buy (except the board) , the given list on this forum is great but it do but I still donā€™t exactly know what goes best with what to maximize efficiency, durability, power and reliability and all that good stuff.

Other concrete short questions:

• Can I program an indicator/light switch onto a remote controller like the eSk8 mikro remote?
  • Can I use only one remote/receiver for the two VESCā€™s/Motors?
  • What else do I need to consider for dual motors?
  • How important is the no spark or the battery charger regulator thingy? Are there more small electronic components I should look into? How does the electronic circuit change for dual motors/more batteries?
  • Do we have free will?

I would be endlessly thankful if someone would take the time to answer these questions! Cheers, Gero

1 Like

Iā€™m going straight use that word from now on

1 Like

Greetings!

Iā€™m about to jump into the deep end on this project. Building the VESC/SparkSwitch from scratch - seems pretty straight-forward. Starting with these bones:

board

I took the trucks and mounted them to the bottom of the board - donā€™t think this is the best idea in the world. Probably going to cut a aluminum spacer to fill/support the hole thatā€™s left. Might work, weā€™ll see. New deck may be in order.

wheels - a set of kegels

batteries - (3) 5000mAH 4s30C in series to get up to 12s. Foregoing an on-board BMS out of laziness - maybe later

motor - canā€™t decide between turnigy SK3 6374 190kV, diy electric skateboard 6374 190kV and the ollin OM506 200kV. Iā€™d like hall sensors for FOC, but Iā€™m not entirely sure that Iā€™d really wind up using that feature.

Drive bits (36T/13T) from diyelectric skateboard, but Iā€™ll cut my own motor mount.

Last but not least, need to control this thing. At this point thinking Badwolf GT2B controller, but the wii nunchuck still has some appeal.

Am I forgetting anything? I donā€™t think soā€¦ If I did, let me know - always looking for feedback!

Thanks in advance for any comments recommendations! Iā€™ll open a build log thread once the VESC parts show up.

Hey Guys,

New to the E-Board game, currently gathering the parts for my 1st build. Looking to build something to commute in my hilly area instead of using my bike. Distances will be less than 5miles mostly, but there will be very little flat ground in those commutes, Advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Parts Bin so far is:

• Lush Grifter 3D Board (35.5" x 9.9" with 27" wheelbase)
  • x2 VESC (from VESC.co.uk)
  • Alien Power Systems Dual Motor 63mm Drive
  • Alien Power Systems 190kv 6355 motors (2)
  • Paris V2 Trucks
  • APS Remote & Reciever
  • orangatang 80mm wheels

now trying to workout the power supply.

Thoughts so far are: x3 Mulitstar 4s 10000mah LIPOs - 12S system and using xt60ā€™s to make a series chain and and xt90 to link to the VESCā€™s with an XT90 as a power key to turn on/off.

Charging i was going to use a Turingy Accucell 6 and charge the LIPOs in series (i was thinking of using XT60 parallel splitters on each Multistar pack to have a series chain to the VESCs (via the power key) and a parallel chain linked to a balance charge board and another exterior mounted xt60 connector & Balance lead.

Any wrong thinking in my plan?

Thanks in advance for all your advice.

OATBMB

@OATBMB Welcome to the forum! Please start a build thread so we can help you. Plan looks good, but are you sure the alien drive mounts work with paris trucks? Caliber might be easier

@lox897 thanks i will start one, Iā€™ve ordered them specifically with the V2 fitment kit. :grin:

:smile: Hello! I got a new motor on the way that I cant wait to put on :slight_smile:
I hope to make friends on here and would love to meet up to go on a ride together - I live in Las Vegas but I travel to California and Utah a bunch :blush:

@Michaelinvegas is the Vegas man

1 Like

looking to build a smaller eboard for short commuting and cruising around NYC. Whatā€™s the cheapest possible build i can do (preferably with hub motors for the cruising ability) that can be upgraded later