[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Welcome aboard, lots to take in but you are in the right place and theres a lot of good helping guys and gals here, why dont u start sharing some info, like board preferences, your weight, how far and fast u want to go, how much u are willing to spend, etc

i guess i came to the wrong place

1 Like

Im planning to make a single motor electric board, Im thinking about using a penny board as a base, thats around 20$ - 40$. What would be the most efficient way of making it.

Also Im thinking about having only one motor and one battery. Would having only one battery make the performance of the board worse besides how far I could ride it?

I would love to see it up close, but it looks amazing!

Hello, I am Thomas, and I am looking for a professional designer for eskateboard. I want to incorporate a motor with our patented skateboard. Interested person may contact me at [email protected] for further discussion. I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Thanks

Thomas

@longhairedboy @whitepony

Thanks everyone for the welcome Like i said, i will need help later if i donā€™t figure out the setup for me.

My info to help: board preferences - longboard (specialy with the MBS wheels) weight - 68kg hight - 1m80 range - this is the most important, i need REAL 30km range speed - well, iā€™m a fan of speed, but already have a hayabusa for that money - itā€™s not a problem, donā€™t have limit, i pretend to invest according to the possibilitys, not all at once.

Every help is welcome

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Iā€™m Mike from Boston and Iā€™m planning my first build now (weird time to start I know). I have a Jet Vulcan Kicktail 34.5ā€™ā€™ deck and Iā€™m starting to order more parts. The enclosure is really the only piece I donā€™t have figured out yet. Build thread coming in the coming months when more parts come in.

Hi guys !

Iā€™m ClĆ©ment form France. My first build is in progress but quite close to the end.

Actively participating to the french eskate forum e-sk8.fr/forum, I also read a lot this forum. Finally, I was pushed by @FLATLINEcustoms to present my build here :slight_smile: Maybe, there are so ideas others could find interesting !

So letā€™s go for it !

1 Like

Hey my name is Sean hence the user nameā€¦ I am about to get a mellow and am trying to find a sweet deck to go along with it. I was looking at mellow instagram and found the perfect oneā€¦ but I canā€™t tell who makes it. So, I am wondering if anyone on this forum has seen this board or knows who makes it?

Thanks, Sean

As @Mellow

ā€¦

Sorry if it took some time between your Instagram PM and now, and also if we sound a bit promiscuous, but thereā€™s been so many boards, and so little time. Choosing the deck is sometimes the best part about assembling your skate, right?

The company is called Root Longboards. They are German, from Stuttgart, feel free to drop them a line.

Not in the 2016 lineup: http://www.rootskateboards.com/new-products/ But it can be seen here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBS1r84OCtN/

Oops - just noticed this is the New Member thread, so to hijack a bit less:

Hi, this is the Mellow Boards team, makers of the Mellow Drive. We believe in customization, and the DIY community is definitely at the heart of that. Ready-made e-board makers should also innovate, not just recreate, so this forum is a great place for us to hang out.

Itā€™s sort of like a bikerā€™s bar - someplace we can talk shop, just without the Harleyā€™s.

3 Likes

Hey all, My name is Sean and I have been lurking for a few weeks learning about the electric skateboarding community. I am an engineering student at UC Riverside here in cali. I am a gearhead and I like to skate as well. Seems like a good idea to meld motorsports and skating. Motorskating! At any rate, my plan is currently to use Lipo at 10s about 5Ah to power a single 6374 through VESC. Caliber II trucks and someones motor mount? Abecs and I need someones gear and drive. I have about 20 decks I have scoped out that I am considering and I need to pick the actual batteries and motor. I was planning on 12s but I read a couple posts of people having issues at 12s??? So I am looking for some feedback on that. Very pumped to stop pumping!

Hi, Iā€™m Doug from the UK.

Just started my build. Purchased the long board and I am now researching the rest. I have good aluminium welding skills so plan to make my own mounts and weld them to the trucks.

Really keen on speaking to other UK builders to see where they have sourced their components.

Also would love to know how UK riders have got on with the law! Technically we are breaking the law by riding an electric board in a public area.

hi i am gijs i am saving op nealy ther for a moutain board i came from the rc hobby but i sold my car the spects of my planig bluid esc: roxxy robbe 118 euro x1 motor turgigy sk3 192 kv 80 euro x1 chinese remote 19euro x1 battery idk wat i have to get plz help haha and a boddy of a electric moutain board i got for 160 euro

Hey Iā€™m in the U.K. Too the law is relaxed unlike Germany so nothing to worry about.

Since you can weld it doesnā€™t matter what trucks you get, usually you would need caliber trucks which saves you money since they cost a lot here

Wheels either get orangatang kegels or flywheels

Deck doesnā€™t matter

3D printing can be helpful too and so can vacuum forming for enclosures

You will need to decide on if you want dual or single motors to figure out the rest

Hey @G19Doug, Iā€™m in the UK, also pretty new here and working on my first build, been planning it a really long time too, doing your research definitely helps, makeā€™s sure you get it right and keep your costs down as well if you do it right. :wink:

as for where I sourced my components, Iā€™ve bought from enertion for my battery and VESC, both were on sale when I got them, but delivery took ages (even if it was free), I got my motor from alien power systems and my wheel pulley for ABEC11 flywheels or cheap clones. My motor pulley and belt came from an online shop, UK based, I can message you links and such if it would help. I modded a GT2B myself, bit of soldering and 3D printing on my printer, can help there if you need it maybe. and finally my mount is currently being shipped over from america courtesy of @korryh, maybe you could talk to him about a mount, still cheaper than buying one anywhere else.

And as for the law, itā€™s still pretty uncommon, and Iā€™ve only seen like 2 people on boards, and theyā€™ve never had a problem with it, so donā€™t sweat! but good luck with the build dude.

Im Carl from North Metro Minnesota. Iā€™ve built a couple boards since spring but Iā€™m brand spanking new to this forum. Wish I wouldā€™ve looked here a long time ago. I enjoyed the build as much as I do to ride, and I love to ride .

6 Likes

I am torn between a budget single motor build and going rolls Royce twin motor!

I was wondering if one 6355 motor will be powerful enough as then I can still have space to upgrade later to twin.

I was looking at the wheels that Alien Power sell. Ā£39 for a set is the most reasonable price I have seen for a set.

Which motor did you choose from Alien power?

I think I will purchase my VESC from SCRAM boards as they are UK based.

With the value of the pound dropping so dramatically parts have just got a whole lot more expensive!

I figure if my board does 25 mph I should be able to outrun the law! :smile: