[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Im in Wagga Wagga, NSW. Are you in Aus also? @lox897

Yeah Iā€™m in Melbourne

what a silly ruleā€¦ ive been researching for two years and now i have couple questions but cant open topicā€¦ I guess ill just cruise around wasting time and posting random replyā€¦ lol

Hello all!

I have a simple (or I assume it is at least) question that Iā€™m having a super hard time finding an answer for online. Iā€™m a big, fat dude. 6ā€™2" 350+lbs. I want to ride an electric board but Iā€™m having a rough time finding information about which board would best suit me. I reached out to the Boosted Board people and they told me theyā€™ve had people my size ride their boards but they had to have a wider stance (I assume just over the wheels). Most other manufacturers stick around the 250lbs range. So I started wondering about diy kits.

Would any of you fine folks be able to suggest a solution for me? I used to skate a lot when I was younger so Iā€™m used to the regular sized boards, I even still have my old Corey Oā€™Brian deck from the late 80ā€™s lol. Iā€™m totally open to a longboard experience though. Honestly, whichever handles my weight better and can run a dual motor as Iā€™m assuming Iā€™d need the extra juice to get around.

Thanks so much! Jamie

Hello all! I am finally closer to making my own board!!! I will start my own thread but for now ill aks hereā€¦

I found some longboard to buy and im interested in wheel sizeā€¦ can i ride smaller wheels than usualā€¦ like 75mm?

I will follow vladā€™s tutorial from diy banana board and make it, but im not sure if its necessary to have 180mm and 83mm wheels if they are not available for meā€¦

How do i calculate the belt and sprocket i need for my size?

Hi everyone I live inf France and have been working on a cheap but reliable electric skateboard What do you think of my list?

Hello guys!

What do u think of this escā€¦ its only 60dollarsā€¦ is it good as the more espensive 1?

Hey guys and girls! Been lurking for a while and done a ridiculous amount of reading on this and other forums over the last 6 months or so. New to the whole skateboard/mountainboard scene so learning those bits as i go. Ive got a passion for bikes/cars and solid electrical background (my job) along no fear of electricity or speed :slight_smile: so naturally i ended up here! Got myself a mountainboard and trampa trucks off ebay, motor mounts off @Nowind (beautiful bits of kit and great service/help from Jens!) and dual 6374 motors from APS. All wired up to x2 Hobbywing Max6 ESCs (my x2 vescs are sat in a bag in the bottom of my toolbox) Im just doing the final bits like making the connectors for serial/parallel and mounting batteries and il be riding soon, hopefully at the weekend. Cheers

1 Like

hi everyone. been stalking this forum for awhile now. iā€™ve owned a zboard for over a year and it has finally crapped out on me. now deciding between building one or buying one. more on the side of building one at this point. but will need everyones help on deciding parts for the build. thanks for reading!

1 Like

Hi guys,

first of all Iā€™d like to say that I like this forum since I donā€™t find any haters here. Thatā€™s very cool and I like the atmosphere!

I just ordered a Quinny longboard stroller for my wife and will convert to electric board. Focus is on range rather than speed (obviously for safety reason). Found already plenty of useful information. Might bug one or the other user ;-).

Cheers

@inap interesting profile picā€¦

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

French guy living in China,

Iā€™ve been skateboarding for 10 years now and discovered the eSkate a few month ago when I arrived in China. Iā€™ve tried 2 Chinese boards that didnā€™t last long, but that was entirely my fault as I would use them during full monsoon rain :sweat_smile: ā€¦ Iā€™ll post reviews of those very soon, so that you know everything about them (Benchwheel Dual, and Lofty Ambition Dual 90mm edition). Aniway, those boards were cheap and pretty well made, but not as powerful as I would have liked (22 km/h with a acceptable torque and 27 km/h with a very small torque).

Beeing an engineer in a FPV drone company in China, Iā€™ll have access to cheap/free parts and manufacturing, so Iā€™d be glad to try different motors or electronic parts for you guys.

Right now I am planning a Dual Hub motor with VESC build with these motors I found on Taobao (THE chinese online store) : https://world.taobao.com/item/537737790178.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7728556.w4004-12993183284.11.OEXHQm

Iā€™ll make a topic for this but I still have a lot of things to read, especially on the Battery PCBsā€¦

Anyway, this forum has already been a huge help in my learning process, thank you all !

Cheers

1 Like

Have you tested the winning hub wheels

Nope, I am still scavenging for some battery packs/cells around my factory. I still need to ask some questions to the seller.

I have a good relationship with this seller

https://world.taobao.com/item/536590115412.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-7744425224.9.Th3lfi

I would recommend them highly

Thanks ! Are you in China too ? I still have to ask about the 1800W rating, if itā€™s per motor or the two combined, kV rating would also be a good info I suppose. I saw that they also make a 1200W sensored versionā€¦

I am not in china unfortunately but the motors are 130kv and 1 wheels is 1800w

itā€™s been my steam gaming avatar for as long as i can remember :slight_smile: was thinking of building a board but just saw the ollinboard and it seem perfect. over my budget but just too awesome!

Hello!

Iā€™m Samuel from Madrid, but currently living in Barcelona. Iā€™m researching about building a electric skaeboard for me. Iā€™m 90kg so i need bit of power so i think I will go for a 63mm motor. I received a crappy* pintail lingboard for my birthday and I plan use it. I like to buid things, specially with lot of LEDs in it. :slight_smile: Everithing itā€™s better with leds (and cats).

Barcelona itā€™s a nice city to skate becasue itā€™s almost flat, except some neigburhoods where i donā€™t have the need to visit. Madrid itā€™s the opposite to a skate-friendly city, but funny to skate, anyway. I used to cross Madrid rollerblading, but i hung the rollerblades and i switched my interest to skateboarding.

For my first build I want to priorize reach over top speed, because I live in a city, so I cannot go very fast. One friend of my local makerspacein Madrid has motirized his wheelchair and other one his kickscootter so i want to share a ride with them when visit my home city.

For next builds maybe I want explore offroad wheels, but for this one I prefer stay classy.

* I know, there are no crappy or ugly skateboards, only noards that hasnā€™t reived enough love.

Greatings Iā€™m Santo from Portugal 25 years surfing and sk8 that finally founds out about this amazing esk8. My intention was to buy the evolve gt carbon at (because of the range and speed), but found out this forum and i think iā€™m going to try it out the diy method, the worst part about this, is that itā€™s too much information, i read and read, and everytime i read more, the more iā€™m confused.

1 Like