[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi! I’m here to get some help, because I’d like to have some help building an electric longboard. My current longboard is a Boundless Tiki Tiki (not a very well known make). However, I’m having some trouble making a post. I can only find the “New topic” button after i search for something, and when i press post, it says some kind of error message. Can someone please help?

1 Like

Sup Ya’ll! I go by Q IRL and I’m more or less mechanically/electrically inclined. On top of that, I also operate a small business and am pretty familiar with the importing game. First project is going to be a 2WD Electric Mountainboard. San Diego can get hot as hell and owning a car in college costs too much. Plus these things are chick magnets.

yeah mate, you gotta spend atleast 30 minutes reading the forum before it let you post (pretty sure)

@zelectric you live near SDSU?

Thank you! It’s working now :smiley:

no problem mate, enjoy the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m planning on building an all terrain-esque longboard that has a top speed of roundabout 30Mph. I thought this would be a simple case of attaching a motor to a battery and an Rc controller and just going on my way. I had no idea how complex it would be. I’ve been trying to figure all this out with maths and mechanics, but I stumbled upon this forum, and I’ve realised I need all these battery management systems and VESCs, and it all seems to be getting very complicated.

Where can I learn more about each component that I need, its purpose, and any compatibility issues I need to be aware of?

1 Like

Hey, welcome! I felt intimidated by all the info when I looked into diy e boards, but you’re really only a few hours away from understanding how to power these things. All you need to know is in these forums. I’d start off by learning about 1 component like batteries then moving on. Then start a build thread to make sure all your components fit together well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much! The info is all overwhelming at first, but manageable when you break it down and focus a bit, you’re right. I’ll go and study and pop back if I have any problems, cheers!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Giacomo, from Italy (I’m in Milano precisely) and I recently developed a huge love for skating my humble longboard around. I then discovered Enertion on youtube while going through Casey Neistat videos on boosted board (he needs a helmet btw!!) and found the video of Jacob (is it his name? I don’t remember) explains what parts you need to build yourself an electric skateboard for 450$. It was late June 2016 an I thought “Wait! This is seriously cool! I need to do this!”. So i checked out the forum, i read every post, looked at every build, ordered everything I needed and got to work. I finished my DIY motor mount mid August and since then I rode my board everywhere to the point I only take my car when I have to move heavy stuff around or need to be 100km from where I live :smiley: My trusty board is somehow “crude” atm and it’s still work in progress ( need to design a good battery/vesc enclosure since I’m a cheapo and I don’t trust my skills with fiberglass o r carbon fiber) and I think I’ll go from a 6s 5000mAh to a 9s (btw i have a turnigy 245kV sk3 is that ok with a 9s? Will I fry anything on my beloved Enertion Vesc?). I love this forum and I drool from time to time looking at those refined and perfect builds and this is making me want to improve my board till I’ll find myself confortable in posting mine. Till then I’ll read and read and learn from all of you!

2 Likes

Hello im a new member and my plan is to open new topic… how can i do that?? lol i dont see anywhere

You need to read for at least 30 mins and make a few posts. Then you will be able to

Hi, im Luis from Toronto Ontario

I joined this form to learn as much as possible about electric skateboard and meet new people in the community. My goal is to learn as much as possible and hopefully build a few boards, or even start a business out of this, as this is a new way of transportation that will take over. A few things about me are that, i am mechanically inclined and, sort of a jack of all trades. Hope to meet some riders from toronto to do some rides.

My daily rider is a Yuneek E-go (not bad for a first board)

1 Like

Hi, I’m Jake from Australia I have been into esk8boarding for a while and have built 2 boards. I have only discovered this forum and have studied it for the last 2 weeks. My first board was friction drive it had a roller which rubbed against the wheel powered by a sk3 5055 280KV motor on 6s, it had a top speed of 30kph but had no torque and the wheels didn’t last long and the motor got very hot. The board I have recently built has an enertion 6354 motor running on 6s which I plan on upgrading to dual drive and 14s hopefully to achieve a top speed of over 55 kp/h. I have had a lot of knowledge in RC before getting into esk8. I hope to become part of the esk8 community!

Welcome Jake, you’ll want to keep it to 12 s or under. Have fun with the building :slight_smile:

Why under 12S? I am not using a vesc I am using a Yep 120A HV esc from hobby king which can take 14S. or am i missing something?

I don’t think the enertion motor can handle 14s

@lox897 I did see that on enertions website but i didn’t think an additional 2 cells (7.4V) will hurt the motor. I guess i should probably be safe and run 12s to avoid overheating it :slight_smile:

Probably best. 45kmh should be plenty. Out of interest, where in Aus are you? @Jakebarnhill1

Hello everyone. My name is Rafe and I live in Juneau, Alaska. I have been fascinated eboards for a while now and have been pouring over the wealth of information here for a few weeks.

I am ready to order parts, I think… I will be building my own battery pack, deck, and motor mount. I will start a thread soon to hopefully get some advise as I go.

I am looking forward to this whole experience.

1 Like