[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Easy fixes if anything breaks

1 Like

@Cresh, check this build out :). Not sure anything can catch up to a Whippet however!

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/diy-trampa-long-35-e-mtb-dual-vesc-sensored-emax-gt5345/2474

1 Like

Hey guys, new member looking for a summer project! This is really going to be used to get from the parking lot to maybe closer to my classes. I won’t be using this on the streets at all, just smooth pavement. My goal budget is around $200-250 before shipping and miscellaneous parts like connectors, solder, and tools.

Top speed: 8-10 mph (I’m 185 lbs/84 kg) Range: 1-2 miles with load

Is a $200-250 budget doable? I was reading the forum and looking at builds for the last two days, but it’s hard to find where to cut cost. It looks like I can shave a few bucks on the battery (not worth it IMO), a higher kV motor, and maybe the ESC. The best bang for my bucks seems to be a self-made mount. I foresee myself having a lot of headaches going this route since I can’t weild. I was thinking of getting the DIY single drive kit w/ mount from DIY ($126.99), but I haven’t decided.

Anyways, thanks for reading my rant!

1 Like

I’d say no. Chech my build out: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/400-build-ebay-deck-sk3-149kv-20-28t-6s-lipo-150a-car-esc/4386

Basically as cheap as it can get without sacrifices. You will probably use the money you could save by using wheel clones on the 3D prints (I had a friend that helped me out for free and can print at work) - so the total should be aroudn the same.

1 Like

You’re probably right. Durability is an issue the cheaper I get too. I might scour the marketplace and take my time piecing things if that’s the case.

@EpicCell That looks amazing and expensive

I searched for builds I could use in the woods and found:

Very similar

I was hoping I could do a build in the 900-1000£ range

Imgur

1 Like

I think you can get away with a e-toxx setup with 1000 pounds! That is like MILLIONS OF CADs for a canadian like me ;). Plus, Trampa boards are shipped form the UK so BAM, more savings. I wish I could build one… Eventually.

Your dog is AMAZING and possibly faster than any build you will ever build ;).

Good luck

I am uncertain if my longboard deck is compatible in making a E-Longboard. I have some pictures below of it. Some more info I have:

• Deck Length = 40.5 inches [or 1029mm]
  • Current Wheels = 75mm [I bought 83mm Wheels though]
  • Current Trucks = 165mm [I bought Caliber 2 trucks to replace]

• Bought a SK3 6364 190kv motor
  • Bought diyelectricskateboard VESC (since it takes time to deliver).

Will be building the mechanical part later this week once the trucks come in.

So what you guys think about my current board? The deck is like 9 out of 10 on stiffness, just a bit beat up. Will restore it as well.

2 Likes

Hi!

My name’s Ludvig and I live in Sweden. I’ve been planning my first build for the past few weeks, and think now I got most figured out. Only thing left is to order the parts, and build it. I’m using a longboard deck and will build a one wheel drive. I have some questions that I haven’t been able to find answers to yet, so I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. This is the list of parts so far: • Motor Mount, Wheel pulley (36t), Motor pulley (16t) and drive train from DIY. • The SK3 245kv motor, from Hobbyking • VESC, from DIY • 2 x Turnigy LiPo batteries 4s 5000mAh to put in series, from Hobbyking • The Mini Remote Controller from DIY • Anti-Spark Connector from Hobbyking I’ll also need a charger but I’m not sure yet on what I should go for. Any advice? When doing the wiring to connect the batteries in series and then to the VESC, in a way so you can simply charge the batteries while also connecting the anti-spark plug. Do you guys have any advice on leads and connectors that I should buy? Also is the anti-spark connector necessary? I couldn’t figure out what kind of balance leads I need for charging my two 4s batteries, and will I need to buy a cable to connect the receiver to the VESC? The board I’m using has some flex in it so I’m thinking I will put the motor, VESC and receiver on one end, and the batteries on the other. In addition to the many questions I already asked, if anyone has any opinions on the rest of the parts feel free to enlighten me.

I’m really happy to join your community, and appreciate all the help I can get! Greetings from Gothenburg!

1 Like

Hi, new to electric skateboard building, and I have ome questions. Talking about motors, is this a good choice? http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/viewproduct.asp?idproduct=18125 If not, what’s a good motor for around this price? Also, why everyone here talks about the vesc? Why is it better than others less expensive esc on the market? Thank you very much for the help

No it is not. You should aim a motor between 100-300kv. Maybe just aim about 200kv.[quote=“paoloalb, post:345, topic:216”] Also, why everyone here talks about the vesc? Why is it better than others less expensive esc on the market? [/quote]

It was already stated in several other threads: You have endless possibilities…You can tweak every corner of this esc and much more.

I am making my very first electric skateboard i have made a 30" longboard deck i have exertion wheels and motor and waiting for a vesc im not sure what battery to use I need it to be quite cheap cuz i have spent most of my budget already also i need an idea for a battery case and for mounting the vesc

Hi all :slight_smile:

New in this community, I’m planning to build my eboard. I want to do a maximum myself, including the deck.

Will start a thread soon to post pics and questions :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to ride !

1 Like

Hello all!! I’ve been reading around here for a few weeks, gathering some information for my first build. Im just waiting on my VESC and pulleys, and then I’ll be making a thread with a complete build log!

Hello monster, if you want to go big then have @barajabali build your battery and have some of the guys here build some high quality parts, best price around for the durability and long lasting strength

1 Like

Also for an esc that’ll handle just about anything @chaka is the go to guy

Heyy guyss Ive always wanna build a budget electric skateboard and I wanna build aamini sized one, like a fiik mini. I’m planning on taking it to England next year but I am living in Hong Kong China right now. I do know the site taobao but I do want some advice on selecting components. Anyway nice to meet you guys

I don’t think you will want to go there next year after what happened today :wink:

Hi my name is Moe I’m looking to build my first electric long board, I’ve done some research and have come up with the following parts for the electronics of the build (excluding transmitter, receiver and balance charger)

Motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=18129

ESC http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_32127__HobbyKing_174_8482_Brushless_Car_ESC_100A_w_Reverse_Upgrade_version_AU_Warehouse.html

Batteries X2 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8583__ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_3S1P_25C.html

I believe these three parts are compatible with each other but my only concern is that the motors spec say “14TVoltage: 10~12S” after rewiring the two 3s batteries I will have 6s. Will this 6s be sufficient or will it not be compatible with this configuration? I would greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!!!

Welcome @mm6ix

Use this to help you figure some stuff out