New Hummie Hubs!

@Hummie all that stuff in this post is pretty much history, and no longer in the pipeline? Or is it just the motor/axle interface and hangar that’s redesigned? And motors, wheels are still as described?

And new suppliers, new dates?

I’ll edit post or delete based on what you tell me. And if you’re trying to keep things on the low low that’s cool, I’ll delete.

Mostly I’m trying to figure out what you’re building, what you’re selling, now and in the future, and if I can buy it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

its a lot of info and best for me is just to wait till it’s in hand and then I can say things for sure. too often i’ve had dates and details change and it’s easier for me to wait till finally done and do a quick video of what’s what. soooon come. trust me in that I want to tell you but it’d be half-assed still. literally a week max for sure.

4 Likes

did you wrap each winding by hand? no machine? looks tedious as hell :slight_smile: But at least the wire’s thick so fewer windings.

FedEx is slow at wed. Dhl rocks at 2 days. And they did fedex. Or maybe marinmade will do it sooner. Till done w video up a nice route up a mountain.

1 Like

wishing i bought these over the torqueboards hubs… yeesh nothing but rattles, vibrations and issues with those motors

1 Like

i know things have been lagging for months now but parts are here and i’m getting them together with evohyax now. Been extra slow cause my real job teaching is back now summer is over.

but…but…i have a new even better design being made now too. doing the hollow axle and has a mechanical mechanism locking the motor to the axle with a left-hand thread on top of a regular thread, just like a track bike. this design rocks and all i ever wanted in a hub motor…almost. the old stuff is a pain to service and more heavy than need be. wait till you see it…its super slick. actually will patent it this time.

any of you who bought the new/old i’ll be gettting them out at the end of this week and next. I’ll post up a video likely tonight or tomorrow.

7 Likes

Do a group project with your class and have them wind motors :laughing:

7 Likes

It’s not a sweat shop, it’s education! :smiley:

1 Like

probably way more educational than anything they’re doing already and definitely more productive. i tell the bad kids to drop out now and stop wasting their time…i did.

look forward to the sf meetup with the new motors soon!

1 Like

You’re making it out 9/17? :smiley:

for sure.

the lake circle is friendly but not nearly as exciting as could be. anytime Im with other people on a bike or board pack mentality takes over and have to race. we have to find a nice super windy up-and-down route in the city with good lighting we can race at night. I’ll be thinking about it.

we can do a more intense ride later all :slight_smile: I plan the bay area esk8 events with the general public in mind.

Hell yeah. Send it!!!

1 Like

Taking off work tomorrow and will do my best to get some video of the new running up by night. Building these has been really slow to start as we figure it out

8 Likes

2 Likes

really anxious to see how this pans out!

today. this and that happen

1 Like

The innovation is getting better and better. We’re getting ready to bulk order our first batch with the new design. Will have as many of the pre orders done soon. What we can’t fill in pre orders, will get the new design when we get more parts in a month. We should have motors in stock afterwards for a bit at least.

New wheels will be done today. Molds are all made and working well.

Things are coming together, patience is a virtue :slight_smile:

Heres a shot of one of the core ideas and motor fully assembled minus the outside plate:

9 Likes

Meanwhile I’m watching these updates like…

Anticipation. Killing. Brain .

3 Likes
10 Likes