New Hummie Hubs!

:heart_eyes:

10chars

soā€¦beautiful

3 Likes

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait for your review! What top speed do you expect with 95kv ? around 30mph ?

1 Like

It depends how heavy u are and how big the motor is. On the old small two I could do 30mph w 90kv w two at 150lbs but heā€™s over 200 and got 25mph I think. But that was w just two small. Parts are suppossed to be shipped the 27th and come in two or three days max. We can see then

5 Likes

cant wait to try these out :slight_smile:

the fuckers, they have been telling me the part would be done the 27th for sure and now itā€™s turned to ā€œthis weekā€ due to some environmental testing or something on the place that does the finish. Never again will I deal with these people. Luckily I have another place making the parts too now. sorry people please hold on tight to your remotes another week.

6 Likes

Canā€™t wait till these are tested and on the market so I can replace my crappy TorqueBoards hubs.

Keep up the great work Hummie!

4 Likes

Just keep doing what your doing, most people would rather have quality than quick delivery. You donā€™t impatient people as customers anyways.

2 Likes

thanks. gets a bit tense because all the bucks are out the door and I cant offer a refund immediately and I risk having my paypal account in jeopardy if they pushed for it. and it has been ages

4 Likes

I dig it, sucks to be in business. I did it for years and loved it, other than the customers :slight_smile:.

2 Likes

Yea broā€¦keep on trucking, I imagine you have a few fans here willing to keep you afloat in you have some folks bail. (read - I will take a second one and possibly a third if some non believers drop out)

5 Likes

Iā€™m willing to jump in and take a set if someone bails.

1 Like

Hey @Hummie I had a few questions. How is the urethane held onto the hub? Is it fixed on either side of the motor? I ask because I read that the Raptor 2 hubs thane was having issues staying on since it was only attached on the outer side of the hub. I was reading something about a high heat core? Whats the deal with that?

Also are you planning on having the 90mm wheels as an option for the kickstarter? Thanks!

1 Like

The tires are held on with a flange on both sides. Iā€™ll do a tear down soon to show it all in a couple days. The design has changed. Thereā€™s no more screw and glue, its got a mechanical lock to hold the motor to the truck now. Use oil and a standard large flat head screw driver to attach and detach from the truck. Iā€™m really happy about this design. Itā€™s also a hollow axle now which is 2018 looking and you can stick some dry ice in it for bonus cooling and a vapor trail.

Someone on the forum, Joe, got me into marinmade.org so Iā€™m doing prototypes in-house and getting design consulting with machinists, designers and engineers all for free! They help green new tech start ups. I couldnā€™t be happier and were doing the final changes for this design and will make it as soon as weā€™re done I believe

Parts ARE DONE and they say theyll send them from china today. 2 day shipping.

The tire uses a rare high heat resistant pu and a very high heat resistant hard pu core. Give me two or threedays and Iā€™ll show u tire and all where I take everything completely apart and then youā€™ll know everything.

11 Likes

Dry ice?!?! What is this? The future?

it wont last long but a crayon-sized stick of dry ice in the center of the hubā€¦could be good for a couple of minutes of free no-heat riding good for something stout. beyond itā€™s short-term practicality i wold make for some cool photos with mist coming out of the center.

4 Likes

Magic Smoke! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

still 37$ per motor if i wind myself? How much for wheels+axle?

the old stuff is all gone I think but the newā€¦days away. days. maybe I can give you parts to wind @Nordle lets see then.

1 Like