New Hummie Hubs!

Keep up the good work! I think I have a few extra XT60’s. How many do you need? Male or female? I could drop them in the mail from Santa Rosa.

I could ride my bike up to you. I need…im not sure …I need the other half that the foxbox goes into. ooo santa rosa is too far a wait and I have nothing else to wait for

Yeah, I’m a bit far to bike to, but should only take a day for the mail. I’ll check what I’ve got when I get home. You only need one XT60 to go on a battery so you can connect to the FOCBOX?

two focboxs connected together in parallel is what I want to do and them to the battery. thanks but I’m too impatient to wait that long thought. seems there’s no hobby stores around the bay area that have stuff. I’m looking. so much stuff NOT in the bay area if you’re looking for something other than a good meal

Cool. Let me know if you can’t find what you need. Between you and Luke, there’s no spare XT60 connectors available? :astonished:

I asked him first. not the worst thing to take them off and hardwire it all. could get ugly looking. I think there’s not a store within like 200 miles with xt60s.

You could always use Amazon next day or same day depending on if it’s available.

and wait till tomorrow! no way mon ami. or I guess maybe they could get them here by tonight

2 Likes

Thayt’s very cool to dismiss work for us !

2 Likes

any of you come over and can get stuff quicker. like next week. otherwise it’s a line of like 25 long. but me first!!! hahahaarrhaarrr. but don’t want to bung up the forum with my empty talk …i’ll get video up tonight. maybe with ugly connections but spinning

7 Likes

I would come over and help if I wasn’t stuck in Canada-land :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ordering flights now lol :small_airplane: :airplane:

2 Likes

haha. honestly if any of you want to wind a motor and are in the neighborhood we could tie up to a tree in gg park and simultaneously wind. probably the easiest way to learn.

I will bail on work for the next week and a half and at least get the first 10 or 15 out depending on how many magnets I have. I’ll order more as soon as these 3 motors I’ll have are spinning and I can compare how the 10mm magnets vs the 9. kv and noise really. then order the magnets and they come in max a month and then I can not work for another week or two and get things done. coming back from work at the end of the day I don’t have as much energy and being a sub I can take off whenever.

3 Likes

how many are you making altogether? if any of your orders wants to back out, hook up @Eboosted!

1 Like

@bigben is doing a go for the Hummie decks could put em together?? Just a thought

1 Like

I’m here! haven’t skipped town with motor parts for 100 motors. testing. testing. spinning on the bench trying 10 vs 9mm magnets today and pouring wheels. some hurdles and the 10mm aren’t working so far but ruling out things before staying with just the 9mm.

6 Likes

Frustrated w not passing Bldc testing. The magnets are long and need to be straight not skewed at all. after a couple hours I’ll be back on it. So close. It needs a slight helping hand to spin and then it goes but won’t pass.

Someone needs to get you a cheap GoPro knockoff to record the rest of the journey to hub motor nirvana

3 Likes

Maybe make a 3D printed guide for the magnets. That’s what I’ve been doing with mine and it works quite well.

18 Likes

wow really nice part and pretty close to what I plan to 3d print as well, but I didn’t know how to work the vesc really and that’s why I was having problems getting things to go and in the last day ive gotten both the 9mm and 10mm magnets to spin very consistently and smoothly on the bldc tool. really nice to see! i’ll get a video up. love seeing that. Now that the motors are showing to be good with no problems and the winding and magnets are decided we just have to get the wheel assured and on it tomorrow. core in the oven right now. ordering more of the 10mm magnets now.

things are moving.

8 Likes