New Hummie Hubs!

Why do you break all your toys lol?

technically itā€™s not broken, itā€™s just going to be a challenge to swap it out!

i got some phil bearing grease yesterday. iā€™m going to clean it out again, and apply this instead of the white lithium grease that i had. hopefully that clears it up.

update: cleaned them out as best i could (second time), applied grease, still loud. i think the bearings are shot :frowning:

1 Like

it looks like the inner ring of the bearing is missing a part no?
I remember evohyax was still able to ride around with literally about half that part youre missing a bit of. sketchy. I donā€™t trust ceramic bearings anymore. and they were so loud it sounded like there was a gas motor somewhere.

these are steel bearings if iā€™m not mistaken. and i removed the ring to expose the race so that i could clean it. hereā€™s what it looked like after the cleaning. iā€™m wondering if the bearing is actually damaged from rolling around with rust.

Hehe theyā€™re now broken in! :wink:

Iā€™d say, if they make some noise but roll good under load, and donā€™t get hot, no worries. If they get hot, no bueno.

Sometimes bearings can feel weird with no load, but once you get weight on them theyā€™re fine.

Hm but these are R2 hubs, right? They get hot on their own under normal operation? So itā€™ll be difficult to see if the bearings are heating up?

lol i wouldnā€™t call that broken in. the other R2ā€™s iā€™ve seen are stealthy and silent. people definitely hear me coming.

I definitely like this in NYC :slight_smile:

whats the little gap in the dark material on the left hand side in this last pic? i guess thatā€™s not the bearing race.

Except it sounds like youā€™re parallel parking a car thatā€™s low on power steering fluid

1 Like

Not sure. Both motors are like that though.

1 Like

So how do these hubs compare to belt drive? Iv heard your hubs are the best

I feel a very long answer coming that Iā€™m stifling. Give me a bit more time as the main parts are coming today, molds are done, the other small parts will be sent by the end of the month and then I can talk it up with a video and data showing how they cope with some continuous high power and its high temps.

2 Likes

Still one short?

all good! thanks. but keep in touch and as soon as Iā€™ve got the motors out the door to folks from long agoā€¦

3 Likes

Cool maybe a eu group buy could be set up but ya iv a build coming up these could be perfect for stealthboard lol

1 Like

We definitely should place an EU GB !

2 Likes

I think there are already some guys from EU/EƘS who bought the motors,including me.

Iā€™d be interested in a eu gb depending on price

Couple Things

thing 1. - Shipping mass trans atlantic is ludicrously expensive thing 2 - Import taxes (unless hummie is willing to falsify value) are stupid pricey thing 3 - Hummie currently only has the limited numbers from his initial order

thing 4 - i will do a final ultimate/grade final gb for EU whenever hummie does have stock to move because a) i dig what he is selling b) i like to help good people (hummie is/has been a righteous dude to deal with) c) I can help him and those wanting his wears, out by avoiding thing 1+2

thing 5 - I just decided to offer this and will only proceed with hummies blessing/ after he has the merch and I find a group looking to purchase EU side. If this happens I will create a thread per usual with my GBs. If this happens twil be a limited group, as i carry the goods in checked bags while I fly and there are bagage restrictions

Also, some background - I have been throwing money at Hummies projects since 2015ish and will have one of these first beauties in Spain as soon as available I have sold/use the original hummies hubs wish are generally awesome

Love H

8 Likes