New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

Nice im gonna have to try this now been looking for something like this for awhile. Just need to do a little more reading to figure out how it works. Cant wait till you release it.

1 Like

Android Wear will be included, the designs will essentially be the same for Android with some small corrections for circular screens

3 Likes

Essentially you will just purchase the HM-10 Bluetooth module, connect it to your VESC or FOCBOX and the app will show a list of available devices, you select the device and voila the app pulls the realtime data and displays it.

There are others, but I will make a video on where to buy the module, how to solder the connection, how to plug into ESC, what settings you will need to change in BLDC app, and setting up in app.

3 Likes

All right Cant wait, good luck with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

looking forward, good job man~~

2 Likes

Awesome! Great job! I would love to Beta test if you are doing that, I already have an HM-10 installed in my board

^Same I’ve got a Focbox with a HM-10

1 Like

I’m up for beta testing too. Got focbox and will get the Bluetooth module ordered today.

Can you give us a release date?

Just a suggestion:

Add a notification for battery fully charged and low battery notification when 20% or 15% or something

1 Like

I’m really interested by your work, especially the communication between the HM-10 module and the phone. Do you use a library for that ?

+1 for open sourcing

1 Like

When I get closer to completion I will be able to estimate the release date, but I will work as fast as possible.

1 Like

Great idea! Will do.

There are a few libraries in C++ and Java, but since I’m using react native I’m rewriting it in javascript

2 Likes

Cool ! That’s what I thought, using hardware related APIs with JS must not be easy. I’m looking forward to see your code. Don’t worry if you think it’s not ready for the public, we all went there, especially when experimenting new things.

2 Likes

Are you sure they’re C++? I thought they used Objective C and Java

Personally, I use Ionic Framework not too familiar with React Native

Referencing this to show the various libraries: https://github.com/search?utf8=✓&q=vesc

I have written a few apps in Ionic and also used their web service. It’s a very nice codebase and service, but I find the React Native performance slightly ahead for more complicated apps. Most of the projects I work on request React Native so I’m proficient and have modules already written. Either way I like both because its all javascript.

1 Like

Wow, is that a Rails 3 _snowman parameter github is still using on their search page ha ha

This looks like great work! I agree with others and would be willing to give donations for this creation! Keep up the great work, and I can’t wait for this to reach the community!!

2 Likes

Looks fantastic mate! I would use this for sure on the Raptor 2.

2 Likes