New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

so no one can fix this and publish it? what a shame it looked so cool!!

Someone please fix it. This is such a nice modern looking app that would be awesome.

Has this been put on hold?

10 Character

2 Likes

Sadly :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: 10 charc

This looks so frikking awesome. I have a slightly unrelated question though. I see everyone talking about HM-10 bluetooth modules. Is that the same as an UART module or are they different?

If I buy you a WiFi router will you pick this project up? Its just a shame for such a good well polished piece of software to go unfinished.

Would be great but I guess this project was just hype and nothing more.

I don’t believe that is true at all. I just think it’s a very big project that takes alot of time and @bradrisse is just very busy. I think he has all intentions of finishing it and making it open source.

Heh I’d rather think that than expect anything and wait for nothing Anyway since this app was announced Metr Pro was released there’s no point waiting for this anymore with all the versatility of the new Metr Pro module

So some big news coming!!! Finally got some time to work on the app and major progress has been made. Will update soon! :wink:

Essentially the main portion of sending and receiving data from the vesc to the app via an hm-10 ble module is complete. Im getting the full set of data and have displayed it on the app in real time. Majority of the design to screens is complete.

I am now testing the conversion functions to make sure when its say “20mph”, it really is. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know things are going well and hope to have some screenshots available soon.

18 Likes

1 Like

Are you pushing the code to https://github.com/bradrisse/Esk8 by any chance? Last commit was 9 months ago so not sure how behind it is from your local copy. I subscribed to the repo.

He’s probably working on it locally and pushing once it’s ready for release. He may not even push it at all since he seems more of an independent developer.

Do you still have the app in Apple beta? If so I would love to join

It was never in beta , most likely he’s going to release it when he’s sure it’s full and complete for a 1.0. That’s how I feel this guy rolls.

2 Likes

I am just going to follow this thread for updates.

1 Like

I hope this can be done. I’ll be happy to pay for the app.

Getting close…it will be free.

7 Likes

Watch @bradrisse drop this like Eminem dropped kamikaze

1 Like