New Esk8 App for iOS and Android

I work as a software/app developer and commute to work everyday on my electric skateboard. So I decided I would make my own app that connects using the HM-10 bluetooth module. I’m almost ready to release it on Android and IOS, but before I do, I would like some feedback on the design and what features anyone else would like.

Currently Features:

• Bluetooth Connectivity
  • Spotify Integration
  • Trip Tracker
  • Statistics
  • Real Time Data

56 Likes

Is it open source?

The raw app code will not be open source, but I will provide the app for free.

12 Likes

nice, geotracking is nice. when u say stats, does that include metrics coming off the vesc? imnusing @Ackmaniac’s android app, it’s awesome with the video overlay but it would be nice to have stats over time like metr.at

I’d be happy to test it for you, I’m in software too

Yes, the metrics are coming from the vesc, but also logging that data and providing historical stats as well. Ill for sure look into the video overlay.

2 Likes

This is unfortunate

awesome, can’t wait.

been wanting to try metr.at but the proprietary BT module kind of kills it

1 Like

I may look into providing the code later on after I have worked out most of the kinks.

1 Like

You know some of us around here are devlopers … and would help you …

3 Likes

That would be awesome! It’s currently built using React Native. I was already leaning open source, but wanted to get it to a certain point.

3 Likes

Very nice user interface, I’ll share this with raptor 2 owners who have iOS. They have been hanging for something like this.

3 Likes

I would love to see this working with Ackmaniac’s fw and the ability to switch modes!

1 Like

Mode switching would be cool. Like Cruising or Drag Race. Possibly the ability to create modes by saving certain Vesc settings. Let me know if you have particular modes you would want.

3 Likes

That seems a cool app ! But it’s a shame that developpers work on their own side instead of putting effort together. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together”

I can’t imagine all these talents pushing in the same way and offering (even selling) a amazing freaky crazy app ! :slight_smile: The dream would be to have a social network connected to this app for sharing ride data, pictures, and so on. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sick design, well done :slight_smile: My suggestion as someone above is, Mode changing :wink:

1 Like

Apple watch/smart watch support at some point? These apps for our phones are really awesome. The only problem I see is that our always bigger and bigger phones are a bit inconvenient to hold while riding. This is where the smart watches come in imho.

A screen with enough info like battery % or voltage, VESC temp, speed and distance would totally suffice. No more like 3 or 4 data so it stays simple yet informative.

A cool watch app would intrigue me to gladly pay for the app/work or even donate. :wink:

2 Likes

it would be nice to have the data in Strava…together with my running and bike activities :slight_smile:

this looks awesome! just got my bt module yesterday. need a beta tester?

1 Like

Beautiful UI congrats, something I would like to see is in this app and is missing in ackmaniack is the option to edit total km, as I usually change often the mobile phone I lost the track of how many km has that board. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty cool work…mode switch would be awesome!

1 Like