New Circular Truck Motor Mount $40 SHIPPED - PICTURES!

Having used 6 different types of motor mounts, both commercial and Homebrew, I don’t think the teeth are even necessary. I doubt they will hurt anything but I don’t think they are needed to get a solid and permanent bind.

I think it could help, I’m getting to designing the teeth to be pointed now. I don’t think they’re necessary though

I think I’m gonna try to mill a clamp with the teeth the way they are and if it doesn’t work out ill change to the pointed teeth. I think its time for a break now, ive been modeling for 5 hours straight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@rolexbene if you would like a mount, please put yourself down on the google form a few posts up. Thanks!

Will it fit gullwing sidewinders?

Can you give me the diameter of the trucks?

If it doesn’t fit I can probably just make a special clamp for you.

Dont know the diameter but its weird and gradual like this

Sorry bro I can’t really help unless I know the diameter of them :frowning:

Also, is that a 63xx motor in your design? if so, can I have it? I’m doing a render with everything fully assembled including motor and pulley :wink:

It won’t fit these trucks because of the taper. You would have to file or lathe them down to a consistent circular diameter, at least the width of the clamp for it to work…

12mm to be exact @ARetardedPillow

1 Like

If you still go with the teethed design, having 11 of them don’t make much sense as you will overconstrain the assembly. So, really what you are looking for is something like this but you have to ensure that nothing rotates:

I don’t think I’m gonna go with the teethed design, I don’t feel like it needs it and it complicates and slows the milling process a ton. I’m working on an assembly with 2 wheels 2 mounts 2 motors, so, the full package and man is it taking a long time

Also, I see that people are putting themselves down on the survey, PLEASE FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM IF YOU ARE BUYING, it makes my life a lot easier not having to go through and PM everyone…

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qtNbslirjhDoc_Mxw0SxkZtBwn1gpymhwC7OeV7UHiI/htmlview

Probably the final version of the clamp, sorry for the horrible quality, only let this one render for about 10 minutes

3 Likes

Uhh why was i tagged haha

You put yourself down on the survey :joy:

Oops, did it by accident​:joy::joy:

rip

10chars

One more render of everything with the motor and pulley attached. Thanks to @anon42702729 for the pulley and motor files. I was trying to assemble everything onto a truck, wheels and all but every drive pulley I opened looked like it was opened in either cm or inches…

2 Likes