New Circular Truck Motor Mount $40 SHIPPED - PICTURES!

fuuuuuuuuuccccc…

I guess your right…

1 Like

Think simpler:

1. create a solid model of the annulus
  2. make new sketch and draw a circle which you change to a construction line/circle
  3. place a smaller circle on that construction circle
  4. extrude and remove the small circle from the annulus
  5. use circular pattern to repeat the pattern

Done

1 Like

I did that for my univerasal mount design but thanks for the tip

No worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! This is what I meant with my first sketch

I swear to god I tried but the filet tool kept fucking me over :laughing:

I think this was a great idea! One of the motor mounts I sketched up used the same idea. You mount the screw from the motor plate side into the chunky clamp, where enough thread is available. Don’t require the countersink and it looks a bit nicer …

Stupid design on the right side, just ignore that :slight_smile:

1 Like

huh yea, not sure why I said I forgot to take it out, Ive been considering nylock nuts for those just because it means less maintenance but threads are more convienent

On your clamp ring. There’s too little material left between the thread (m6?) and the outside of the ring. And It looks like (not sure, could be the shadow) you have threaded both upper and lower side of the screwholes that clamps the mount. Only thread the bottom part and drill the upper hole ~1mm bigger then the thread.

Other than that. Sweet mount. What cnc mill do you have? I’m so close maxing out my credit cards and get myself an Xcarve

hopefully doing my last redesign but that was an M8 thread, I will probably be stepping that down to an M6 though. Both sides are threaded, I’m not sending it to a factory like that, it was just a reference to me since ill be tapping and drilling everything by hand

If you have both sides threaded int wont clamp down the mount. And id you can go with a m8 go for it. :slight_smile: just be sure to have about 5mm material left between outside of the thread

yea, I’m not an idiot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

just a reference for me to show myself that that hole has to be tapped(ON ONE SIDE)

Approximate Caliber II profile measured with a tapeline (let me know if you need it more precise)!

Not so sure whether this will work. It depends how deep the profile penetrates into the annulus and the internal diameter and maybe other things as well …

2 Likes

I was thinking of designing something with inserts for each truck, kinda like the aps one except with teeth like the paris one. Hard to explain but if you want me to put it on the vault and add you to it I can

Make those bottom two notches 90 degree right angles instead of just teeth and it’ll fit better and keep from rotating… The same profile can then be used for both Paris and caliber

That would def. help, but I am not here designing his mounts :slight_smile:

@darkkevind that wouldn’t work unless I cut away a ton of material that would make it unusable for paris trucks

1 Like

also here is the new clamp design, more material around the clamp bolt and rounded teeth for easier milling @mmaner @darkkevind

2 Likes

That’s a shame…

1 Like

Just noticed on this render… Having square tips to the teeth won’t do anything, it’s still a flat surface, they need to have points to them to dig into the truck to be effective…