New Circular Truck Motor Mount $40 SHIPPED - PICTURES!

No point in making it if I don’t have any customers :wink:

Back from the shop! I may have gone overboard and bought enough alu for almost 40 mounts… I’ll work on a caliber clamp later :thinking:

ITS FINALLY TIME! Fill out this form if you are ordering, Final price is $40 shipped in US. EU customers will be $50 shipped. I AM NOT ACCEPTING PAYMENTS UNTIL MOUNTS ARE COMPLETE!

@mmaner @Acido @Jammeslu @Brycehoosiers @darkkevind @capfirepants
@Bensaida

Lol. Caliber will be much easier…

you put yourself down for one yet?

I wonder if that clamp can be made caliber and Paris compatible, some trickery with the teeth

1 Like

I bet some of the teeth would fit in the angles of calibers 2’s. Don’t have any to test it though

If it was done a bit like the alien Power systems mount, you could have an inner ring for caliber and a different one for Paris and keep the rest the same. But! The ring, on the outside and where it meets the clamp, should have splines like a drive shaft or steering column, so you could choose an angle to suit you… :wink:

Obviously the inside of where the outside of the ring goes would have corresponding splind grooves…

If someone could send me dimensions of caliber 2 trucks I could totally make a clamp for them

I think I filled that out correctly :grinning:. Anyways, I’ll take 2 to try out.

Sweeet! You will get the fifth and the sixth mount.

Final render of everything assembled, now time to start on the instruction manual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

One more sexy render for today, this one took almost 4 hours…

3 Likes
1 Like

Are you not concerned about the little material left around the tap? Also, have you thought about how to machine the teeth? There is hardly any radius visible, not sure how to manufacture this cost-effectively on a mill!?

I’m working on making a clamp that will fit almost every truck on the market including caliber and paris :wink:

These will be milled by my personal CNC machine so cost isn’t relevant, I will use a small bit. As for the little material around the set screws/ M8 bolt, it shouldn’t matter cause there is so many threads for the set screws to grab on before they hit that point. The M8 bolt is bigger in that picture than it will be when shipped.

Also, this wouldn’t work when you assemble the unit like this (screw into tap)?

These will be milled by my personal CNC machine so cost isn’t relevant, I will use a small bit. As for the little material around the set screws/ M8 bolt, it shouldn’t matter cause there is so many threads for the set screws to grab on before they hit that point. The M8 bolt is bigger in that picture than it will be when shipped.

Wouldn’t a M6 screw be sufficient?

A simpler profile could be something like this:

2 Likes

oh lol I forgot to take the tap out of the first image, that wont actually be tapped on the final version :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A profile like that would be simpler to mill but not easy to model, atleast not in Inventor…

I have Inventor and did it in less than a minute :wink:

1 Like