New Build using Psychohubs, 10s Sensored FOC (video added)

Looks great! You’re running FOC? How many miles have you put on it so far? I’m thinking about doing a build with pneumatic wheels as well.

No biggie. Ask away!

3 Likes

Yup. Pretty much used most of the space. This board is only 38" long. I chose the TKP’s because they carve a little better than reverse king pin trucks. This is especially good for off road, in my opinion.

2 Likes

Yup. Using FOC. I’ve only put about 10 miles on it, so far. But the first three were pretty hard miles on dirt and grass to test the strength of this set up.

2 Likes

Does that mean that the total truck width is even narrower than a standard caliber 2 (180mm) ? Do you have any issues with wheel bite?

1 Like

This is the setup “street” version I want to build/ride.

2 Likes

beautiful.

Wicked wheels! What type of terrain are you expecting to ride on with that? That would be perfect here in the desert!

No wheel bite. I added 30mm to each side. So, total hanger length of 237mm.

1 Like

For @Bender:

@nmagz3, I plan on using it on packed dirt and grass. Worked great last week in AZ on the side of the road. Went into some small rocks and it went one way and I went the other.:smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @mccloed How do you add 30mm to each side? Is that with a product from Surfrodz?

Thanks so much for posting those pics!

Do you have some sort of spacers between the wheel pulley mad the hub? And did you have to drill out the hubs to fit 10mm bearings or are the outside diameter the same as standard 8mm skate bearings?

Also thanks for all the links in your first post it really makes it easy to research gear.

Hey @Bender, they are 3/4" standoffs and an extra bolt to space the pulley out a little. The bearings are specific 10mm bearings and are the same diameter as 8mm bearings. These came with the surfrodz.

1 Like

Are you sure there are enough screws holding that enclosure on? :joy:

1 Like

You have to add 30mm spacers to each side and get 80mm long hardware. The longest surfrodz come with is 70mm.

1 Like

Nope. I need to add 50 more like this guy I know. :unamused:

2 Likes

As long as you order the 177mm hangers with 10mm axles you’re good. Because you’ll end up getting longer axles and 30mm spacers elsewhere anyways.

1 Like

@psychotiller @mccloed awesome thx but I’m still a little confused; These are 177mm surfrodz with an added surfrodz 10mm axle. Where do the 30mm spacers come from?

You can get the spacers from surfrodz but they come in 10mm sections. I sourced 30mm long spacers from aluminumspacers.com

The axles are 80mm long and 10mm thick.