New Build | Red Ember custom Deck | PT 6in wheels; 273mm trucks; and RIPBA motor mounts | Dual Maytech 6355s 170kv | Dual VESC-Xs | SPACE Cell Pro 4

@treenutter just got exposed :joy: Redember Boards are dope

2 Likes

No doubt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rear truck mock up…this set up is legit…

6 Likes

Thanks @Crushkrew @lox897 @mmaner @Titoxd10001 ! Yes, I’ve been exposed! I won’t hijack @Crushkrew’s thread; will share the news in a separate thread later on. TLDR: I’m now hand-making and selling decks for esk8. on IG redemberboards

2 Likes

@Crushkrew I didn’t even know that glitter filament was a thing, this is awesome!

Yea the sparkle filament is cool but too brittle for the thin wall sections…think I’m going with a Ying yang deal…blk abs and wht petg…

4 Likes

Tell me more about those Maytechs 63s, I found them recently and just cannot find anything better. It’s all gut feeling though and price is rather steep to just try them.

What size belts and motor pulleys are you using?

12mm…16/60…you?

Same. What length belt? My 340mm are to tight and the 345mm are too loose. I’m missing something, just haven’t figured it out yet :grinning:.

340mm…seems about right but I only have it mocked up with a couple screws…need to pick up some more…I’ll let you know now…

Got my Redember Board today…it’s sweeeetttt…

Couldn’t resist a couple mock up shots…

Now gotta take her apart and start really building…

6 Likes

Not sure about forward mounted motors…tboughts?

Nevermind…decided to run rear mount…

@Crushkrew @mmaner 340 belts.

You just need to loosen the motor bolts enough to be able to slide the motor while putting the wheel and belt on. Then pull the motor away from the wheel pulley until the belt is tight and tighten the front motor mount screw. Then take the wheel off, tighten the rest of the motor screws and then put the wheel and belt back on. You shouldn’t have to readjust the belt tension again after that first time if you get it right…

You may want to remove the outside flange on the motor pulley too. It makes more room and makes for faster wheel/belt maintenance.

2 Likes

I used black zinc coated allen head screws to mount the motor to the motor plate. The coating was “grabbing” the inside wall of the slot. It took me a little while to figure that out. Once I used a wire brush on the threaded body of the screw it was like butter, no worries.

2 Likes

How do you remove the flange? Pry? Or do you have to grind it off? Thx

I just use a pair of wires cutters. Grab the flange and bend it a little all the way around. It’ll just fall off

1 Like

Couple steps closer…still need to get some hardware…

5 Likes

7 Likes