Need help listing all the parts need to make a diy build

But…but…I’m new user and I read for over 5 minutes before posting this, and I’m making a special build with two motors that definitely hasn’t ever been made so i cant read I just need heeeelllpppp :disappointed_relieved:

/s

3 Likes

Maybe potatoes really can’t read :thinking:

Well this was a nice and welcoming community. neat.

You have to forgive them, there is a gatorade and twizzler shortage in this area, it makes them irritable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You would do well to let Kaly.nyc build you a mountain board. He has been around for a long time and his work is very good although they are expensive. If you try to build your own, know this that it won’t be cheap or easy.

I’ve been putting together a list of the parts i think id need to build one of my own, got everything from trampa and if there was a price difference i took the most expensive one, just to see what itll cost i go highest quality on everything, wont necessarily need the most expensive option. All in all, i dont think ive missed any important parts and its still around 1000$ cheaper than a kaly.nyc, and if my research is correct it should be more capable than the kaly nyc boards aswell. Then again i might completely wrong cause im completely new.

If you already have something like a list post it. Someone probably will have a look. You will surely have more luck than asking for someone to do the job

1 Like

By the way. As you say you are very new to this. So if your only reason to go diy is because of the price and not because you enjoy building, trust me, get a prebuilt. I went into this because I love doing my own stuff and I can assure you I have spent at least twice than intended in breaking stuff, changing stuff half way through buying new tools and learning. I don’t regret it a second

Reason for going diy was because i was originally getting the evolve gt carbon AT, turns out its not very waterproof and i live in a country where its either snowing or raining most of the year. I looked around a bit and found some trampa mountainboard videos on youtube and fell in love with how they look and the fact that i add bindings for when i wanna go real off road and remove em for when i use em for commuting. Only thing that ruined it was the battery on top look, i wanted something more discrete. Luckily kaly.nyc existed and their battery enclosures along the bottom looked sick but the price was way higher than i was willing to pay so here i am trying to build my own : Im still not completely set on building my own tho, it seems like its quite hard to do especially for someone who has no experience with electrical stuff. Thanks for the heads up tho, i appreciate it :slight_smile:

Considered tunning a prebuilt to suit your specifics Building is hard. Need lots of different abilities. But building a waterproof is next to impossible

I have already spent a woke loot of money in 2kg worth of petg and abs 3d filament, 2 pelican cases and I don’t even want to add up how much in carbon fibre glass fibre and resin trying to make a case that suits me. Diying is humongously fun and wrongly thought as cheap. At least in getting started

Yeah ive been told that completely waterproof is really hard to get and that resistant is much more realistic. I was thinking of getting spring trucks for the evolve gt carbon and i heard you can add bindings to it aswell but i have no idea if any of these things are possible since ive only seen it be talked about an no actual pics or reviews of how it turned out. Another thing that makes me not wanna get the carbon is it has no flex and im guessing youll need that for a ‘‘comfortable’’ off road ride?

Hell I feel like I’m trying to put you off dyi. And I’m absolutely pro dyi. Do yourself a favour if you end up dead set on building. Read a hell lot of build posts and other posts. I’m talking like a couple of months at least. That will save you a lot of money

So i dont want to sound like that newbie who thinks they know better than the veterans cause i absolutely do not but going through the list of stuff i think id need for a board it seems like the electrical stuff will be the hardest to do. Like the trucks, deck, wheels and even battery and their enclosure seem fairly straight forward to put together, again im probably talking out of my ass but im hoping youll tell me that this is case :joy:

i have no clue what a vesc is tho, apparently you need to program it, also no clue what kind of motor im looking for. I went to a site and they had live customer help and they recommended their 190kv motors for mountainboarding.

I don’t want to sound like I don’t want to help but. Why don’t you take a look at a bunch of builds in the forum similar to what you want. Read on what they used and how it turned out and make yourself a full list. Then we will take a look at it.

All give you a hand to start. Vesc is a particular model (the best) of esc which stands for electronic speed controller. In short, it grabs power from the battery and feeds it to the motor relative to what you tell it via the remote

Hey man, putting together a setup is something you need to do yourself. Grab a snack and a drink and just read, read through the forum. Learn the basics and get to know which parts you need. When you have a nice list and would like some feedback feel free to post and we’ll give you pointers.

1 Like

Exactly… kind of what I said XD

A bit of advise, if you haven’t read it already… The absolute minimum required reading if you consider going diy.

I read those threads like 10+ times and all linked threads and more or less anything I could find… And then I put together a parts list, did some more reading and finally started my first thread. Learned a lot that way, and still learning every day.

Edit. Sorry… Welcome to the forum! DIY is really fun, but it’s really addictive.

2 Likes

If you want to know more about the VESC, check that page

1 Like