My second build :) and what I have and my plans and questions

Yep those are the ones. Sounds good! Enertion’s mount is rock solid. I ride with a dude who has a TB mount and he prefers the Enertion.

1 Like

At the bottom of Torqboards website it says "We noticed many of our customers are looking for a pre-welded motor mount solution. I’m proud to now announce that we will start having pre-welded single and dual motor mount kits available for purchase."

So since these are not out yet has anyone seen any other options and how much they cost???

or would anyone recommend against it?

I could be wrong, but I think that part of the website is outdated. I haven’t heard any mention of weld on mounts for a long while. I’m sure it’s been mentioned somewhere that welding weakens the trucks as well. Maybe @torqueboards can clear this up for you.

1 Like

Ok that makes sense why I coulnt find much information on that… And Congrats on winning that dual motor mount in your other post! that looks cool… I tried to comment there but it wouldnt let me for some reason

1 Like

@KlethBane - Yeah, no welded trucks anymore. The bolt on setups allow for more convenience and adjustment.

You can try our bolt on motor mounts. We’ve since added 2x Set Screws on our truck clamps which make them rock solid. Rock solid or your money back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Michaelinvegas @ekitesurfer hey I just finished - just gotta program it - but I have a three day weekend here… when is your next get together?

1 Like

I have the kids all weekend so hard for me to get out unless I plan ahead or very last minute …

Think mark is working

1 Like

Yep, can’t ride… next time plan ahead and there are some epic bike paths in Boulder city

1 Like

OK so here are my problems so far - For some reason when I use the brake sometimes I will find that i cant throttle all the way back up to full speed until i turn the board off and then back on again. - actually that is my biggest problem for now and the others seem real minor. I would just like to be able to brake since I have such big wheels on here now and it goes so much faster than my last build that it really becomes a lot more of process to get the thing to stop rolling.

I was going to ask torque boards about what I ordered last time compared to this time… since last time I had two power cables coming out and now I only have one coming out of the SBEC/UBEC or whatever i got this time. Not a real big deal because I am sure I can figure something else out for my lights that I haven’t ordered yet.(still looking at what options i have)

also not a big deal but I can only thread three of the screws through my drive wheel and the other three don’t line up.

1 Like

Three bolts for the wheel pulley should be fine as long as you loctite them. Not sure about vesc issue. Pic of UBEC please

1 Like

1 Like

(Its just velcro that is holding it on - i have the kydex - just haven’t made an oven for it yet) Hopefully someone on here has had the same problem with the braking though - also when I brake I noticed that if I am just coasting before I brake that I have to give it a little bit of throttle because it wont brake from coasting… I was thinking maybe if i turned the drag on then maybe that would help solve the problem… I have been playing with the programming card a bunch and changing all the settings - but I don’t really want to have to reset the board every time after I use the brake

1 Like

What you need to do is plug that long wire from the esc into channel 2 on receiver and the ubec wire into any other channel, making sure that the VCC and GND are in the right spot

1 Like

Just to confirm: that esc is the one without ubec built in yes?

1 Like

I just unplugged it for the picture I think I had it plugged in right

1 Like

You should be all good then if that’s how you plugged it

1 Like

ya that part of the build works - i just had two power cords last time - so i must have ordered something different last time… I just cant find anything on Torqueboards website that says anything about it

1 Like

You can see at here 1:26 what my last one looked like from @torqueboards that had two power cables and the one in the picture i posted earlier only has only one power cable.

1 Like

@KlethBane - Your saying you apply brakes and you can’t reach top speed again? I wouldn’t use drag brake as that means as soon as you coast it will apply brakes.

If you throttle before you brake you’ll have much better stopping power. You shouldn’t need too unless your at crawling/slow speeds. Have you tried increasing the braking %? What firmware version do you have on the current ESC?

1 Like

Yes Exactly I apply brakes and then cant get back to full speed unless i turn it off and then back on ESC Model V1.00_121012 ESC Software Ver V1.00_150818