My Experience with Kevin Dark

Than you telling me he is riskingbring down an airplane buy shipping his battery like that if something was to go wrong smh

3 Likes

4 Likes

Amazon has been fined £65,000 for trying to fly dangerous goods

1 Like

If he’s not a vendor then I guess he can’t be vendor bashed. So… carry on with the non-vendor-bashing? :joy:

10 Likes

I don’t know how it works but I had a problem with my battery and was about to send it back then the Swedish Postal service said it was dangerous goods and therefore expensive. Different counties maybe have different rules regarding shipping batteries, I don’t know.

I did group buys on remotes. I needed to ship them out myself …even tho I didn’t make any money…I considered myself a Vendor…

I provided a service. I took in Money. They expect delivery of item.

There is no doubt as an individual providing a service is like being in a one man band at a rock festival. We have seen varying degrees of it with all the companies here and individuals…Shit does happen that can throw a person such as yourself in to an unfavorable light…like shipping batteries…let the big boys figure out shipping batteries internationally … my two cents

3 Likes

So now that everyone has spoken their peace.

@darkkevind

You take care of
@Powadangaboards yet?

What about this guy who still hasn’t gotten his battery ( @Maxaweli )?

You obviously just refunded another unnamed customer. Maybe you should stop selling stuff until you catch up, and can make things right with all of your waiting customers.

Maybe there should be a PSA sent to PayPal so your funds are all frozen?

I’m not trying to be mean, but you obviously need to be a little more realistic, not only with your customers, but with yourself and your capability.

Not only that, but you are putting your own family at risk, providing a service as a person and not under an LLC. Please wisen up, if not for your customers, but for your children. Again don’t take that the wrong way, I would never threaten anyone. But I never want to hear about parents making bad decisions that could affect a child’s future provisions(stable household monetarily etc). You obviously care about them, as you mention them in your posts. So do what a real dad should do, and separate your business from your personal entity, especially selling goods that can burn people’s houses down and not holding insurance.

7 Likes

From my detective work, I believe the battery was sent with Parcel2Go.com and there list of prohibited items can be found here.

1 Like

If I’ve learnt nothing else lately it’s don’t use parcel2go. I have a parcel I sent to the US 19 days ago on a 3 day service. (£28 for the pleasure) Still not received and Parcel2go who don’t have a phone number keep fobbing me off every day when they reply to my messages after over 24hr each time… It’s not a battery…

3 Likes

If you make a battery for someone once, then sure; you’re an individual helping someone out.

If you’re advertising about your services, getting more and more “orders”, struggling to finish the orders “on time” and still having new orders coming in, having significant amounts of money getting in and out of your bank account (I mean, more than shipping costs for free 3d prints), aso, then things have gotten a bit more complicated, and one can no longer argue that you’re just an individual randomly helping a brother in need… No?

3 Likes

Man we definitely have a worldwide battery shipping problem especially if you are an individual…

Definitely need to make sure that battery creation and servicing by individual service providers be done by someone In your country or trading region to avoid these problems with shipping internationally.

Obviously…the main Esk8 players have thier own network or policies that are in place yo help you.

1 Like

@darkkevind If you are shipping battery at te international level without the proper paperwork or certification, if you have to lie on the shipping receipt in order to get your stuff ship… Then it is not up to your customer to pay for your mistake… It is all on you Man, you took the risk, and you knew the possible outcome

9 Likes

Even then, in the UK almost all shipping companies will not take battery packs (for domestic orders)

1 Like

I’m just a little dissapointed with the reaction from the forum tbhand the fact that i was told to stop being an impatient winey bitch when i waited half a year for something was given around less then a month turn around!? Baffeling

5 Likes

Update: Money hasent yet hit my account

2 Likes

@moon there has to be a way reliable way to ship batteries in country … for all countries …

Here in the US use UPS GROUND…that’s pretty much 100%

Let’s try to keep this calm. And stay away from personal attacks if any of you expect this thread to stay open for any amount of time…

7 Likes

There might be I haven’t looked into it much. I have only received loose cells in the past

There is on company that I know of https://www.packsend.co.uk/

Yes agree a civil discussion… no burning torches…

2 Likes

Maybe we should start a - share your spot welder- service instead, where we ship our spotwelders to each other and then make some nice battery build walk through threads…

Get your cells from nkon, batterybro or imr and wait for the spot welder, from one brother in need to the other. :robot:

11 Likes