My Experience with Kevin Dark

I have reached out to him, gave him multiple extensions, and I think I have been more than patient, but none of that has neared any fruit, so now I just want others to be aware. I’m not trying to be mean, just honest. I have evidence to back up everything I stated, but I can’t post it here.

6 Likes

I know… which is why I mentioned other circumstances…

You are probably at your wits end…and not the first to make a post like this…

2 Likes

This happened to a close friend here where I live hes holding his tongue In Hope’s of a refund. He was promised a refund today within 7 days because he is having a cash flow issue. Let’s see how that pans out.

1 Like

Kevin Dark as well, or a different guy?

Yes same guy

1 Like
2 Likes

@Powadangaboards

had a similar problem, his thread is now unlisted but I think he has his money back (i think)

@Battosaii

4 Likes

Max, try this avenue

My buddy has been screwed over many times here with his evolve batteries. I wont name the parties but this is just the latest one I hope he gets his money back and let me make his battery.

This person’s order has been fulfilled, however, the courier have lost track of the parcel and is under investigation by them.

He thinks I’m trying to dupe him out of his money, why would I ruin my reputation with such an act?

@Battosaii your friend is getting his refund imminently as I promised him within the week… People are sometimes so impatient!

@Maxaweli as I’ve previously told you, I don’t have the kind of cash where I can just make you another battery and send it to you like you’ve stupidly suggested. I’m not a company I don’t have a business account or petty cash to dip in to, I’m an individual doing people who can’t build their own batteries a favour. For very little recompense!

Right now the courier company are investigating the loss… What else can I do except wait to see what comes of it!?

3 Likes

As a moderator who has dealt with several members frustrated with our policy on these kinds of circumstances, I can confidently say that it was not created to hide behind or to protect any vendors, but rather to keep this forum a positive place. Despite the PSA that I posted a while back, it seems a lot of people insist on using the friends and family option in PayPal because either the vendor asks for it or the customer doesn’t want to pay that extra 3%. Nobody on this forum is at fault for that, and the negative energy that is spread when things go south after loss of $$$ due to this kind of scenario is something that we’d like to avoid here. So - I’ll say the same thing that I’ll always say:

I’m sorry that this happened, I agree that it’s unfortunate, and at the same time I hope that everyone can see it as a learning experience. The situation itself however needs to be dealt with privately - I’m sure that this has gotten Kevin’s attention.

Please don’t use Friends and Family. I’ll leave it up to my fellow moderators as to whether or not we want to close this thread.

9 Likes

Than you should know better if you are in the uk it’s not very smart to try to ship a battery to the United States. It will most likely not make it.

1 Like

As a vendor you should hold yourself to some cash in hand… thats is what being responsible is. Your selling battery over seas your not only a individual … YOU ARE A VENDOR

7 Likes

It’s not a stupid suggestion. Especially if its been a long time since you promised delivery. I think that’s an adequate request. But the evidence is in my other post that was released. So people can judge for themselves, which all I want. We should be informed consumers, I wish I was.

5 Likes

I’m not a vendor! I’m an individual hobbyist offering my skilled services to those that want it… This is not a business any more than someone who prints 3d items for people and sells them…

You are offering a good via a service. That makes you a vendor. And you advertise in public places…

12 Likes

your selling good and advertising yourself as “THE BATTERY GUYS” your a vendor

8 Likes

Sorry, but I must defend the language I am speaking right now, as I find it’s integrity comforting. You can look up the meaning of words, it’s cool, they mean things…

gqegrqgvqgqbgg

7 Likes

To be fair my friend was just refunded and he did not badmouth you, he gave you a chance to refund his money and you did, people make mistakes by overloading them selfs but when it comes to money people get savage.

4 Likes

The Battery Guy is a nickname, it’s not a business name, it’s not a trading name, if people want to buy a battery, a motor mount, a 3d printed pulley from a hobbyist, so be it, that doesn’t make them a vendor…