My diy board was destroyed today!

no haven’t heard of that

1 Like

Yeah, one of the guys posted the video on the FB page. It was last week.

Nothing has changed in 111 years…

https://youtu.be/8Q5Nur642BU

City of lunatics…and now I’m one of them!!

3 Likes

It’s funny that you mention that. I searched out this for that exact reason. I keep it in my backpack just in case something happens. It’s also easy to clean up(or, so they say).

I figure if I have this at least I can stop it from spreading(and save my board most importantly :stuck_out_tongue:)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001229JCU/

4 Likes

I think we should all start carrying this or some baking soda

1 Like

I still haven’t had my court date, it’s next month. I’m hoping that since I was following the law as it’s written, the ticket will be dismissed.

2 Likes

Damn son… that’s a sick but sad story. Glad to know you’re okay!

1 Like

Saw this on IG today, gotta be yours right?

5 Likes

Yes it was my eboard. I’m surprised how young people feel good when an accident happened; taking picture, posting, commenting and bashing, but no helping. It’s fine that they are not sorry for my board; but I am sorry for their emotionless life.

14 Likes

That account seems to have a hatred for eboards.

did you read the comment on that post or any other? There was one that said "ride a moped like a normal person!

I guess, no, we cannot all just get along

4 Likes

Two theories that come into my mind:

-Interferience through WiFi/BT or other 2,4GHz Wireless Radio. It says it is doing Channel Hopping between 126 channels, but it can be that it is poorly implemented, regardless of what they are writing about the specs.

-Maybe it could also be due to a brownout after accellerating at the traffic light.

I thought a little bit about it and got an idea:

Why not copy the principle of the Security-Key/Kill Switch which are used on JetSkies, boats, etc.

You could tie it around your ankle, and if you fall from the board than it gets disconnected and the power gets cut physically and the board has no chance to accelerate anymore.

Just need to find a suitable connector. XT-90 is not ! Maybe this could be integrated into the Anti-Spark switches?! Maybe we could even use those kill switches from a Jet-Ski!?

Wouldn’t switching off the remote help?

So glad you bailed. I have the same remote and used it on one of my prototypes. Needless to say it’s sitting in a box. Even when I configured the failsafe it cut out, luckily it’s all been controlled area testing. I have a nano-x on it now. Not much better. I’m waiting on one of these. Photon remotes from www.eboardshop.net

Not if the remote wasn’t setup with the fail safe. Always test when building. If not done correctly, turning off the remote would make the board go full speed

GT2B with modded housing is my favorite. Then the Mini. I can’t wait to use the Photon as well

2 Likes

I always thought those are the basics you set in vesc. No remote - slow braking. I’m preparing to get first board since 2016 though so I’m not talking from hands on experience. Just the thing I remember not to forget while finally setting the whole thing up soon.

1 Like

I felt REALLY sorry for that poor board! was there even a bearing that survived?

I had a guy throw a 2x4 in front of me once. I was able to run it off, which put me right in front of him. So being a tempermental old asshole, I clocked him in the jaw and he hit the ground. I turned around to look for my board and cop is standing 5 feet away.

He looked at me, grinned, said “I didn’t see damned thing”. I left…quickly :slight_smile:

The moral of the story.

There are asshats a plenty, but there’s also cool people around when you need them.

27 Likes

That’s so great! That’s when you really need a GoPro for those unscripted moments. I remember seeing a video from a member here where some douchebag did that, and I wished he had beat the guy into the ground for it. Good on ya. :facepunch:

1 Like