My Danger Manual

Under jealousy, you need a paragraph dedicated to recommended waves to imploy while passing inferior eboards, e.g. peace sign, two finger salute, royal wave, point and laugh, etc.

1 Like

Don’t forget looks of sympathy and/or pity.

Just yell out competitors’ marketing nonsense while you pass… “Rrrrr- specccc”

2 Likes

Don’t forget to make it huge and sell it like Apple with a stupid high price. https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MLXF2LL/A/designed-by-apple-in-california-102-x-128-inches

BLDC drives them nuts in my neighbourhood - foc only drives the little ones batshit.

1 Like

This is something over looked by the public very often: legal restrictions on motorized skateboards. Specifically the max speed and power. From the looks, your esk8(not picking on you, this includes most of our and mine :kissing_heart:) could potentially(unrestriction by design) break the legal speed(20mph) and power(1kw) limit. More on that here:

Plus, some areas also have vague rules on the streets against esk8’s.

1 Like

Don’t forget to dedicate one section to “tech”

Like anti-wobble springs and other stuff that every esk8er with self respect must have.

Good point. Gotta make sure it’s on the user to determine the laws in their specific area.

That’s only for one state. In Cali, most esk8 on the market are illegal. Vote accordingly. And buy the ones that are legal. And for the rest of us, know your local laws

Coping with groceries The best way to carry a cat or other pet

3 Likes

While chased by 50 dogs

1 Like

I carry groceries and my dog all the time, but never at the same time. That should be in there, don’t carry groceries AND your dog.

3 Likes

@longhairedboy When I talk to people about riding I teach them about viewing the riding conditions in cycles from the forefront to the background. You have to have a short view (what’s right in front of my wheels?) and a long view (what’s ahead and to the sides of me?) without staring in one spot. It’s a skill. Not sure if I’m explaining it properly here.

9 Likes

I have cool parachute pants! :grinning:

3 Likes

Something about riding your board on your butt… hmmmmmmmmmmm

4 Likes

Now that you’ve pointed out, I totally try to do that but man is it hard! Especially as a newbie rider, it’s almost like being a student driver again. Maybe there should be a “gorilla test” for esk8

1 Like

So many times these damn NYC pigeons wouldnt fly off till you’re in touching distance

1 Like

Suggested topics-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1. Newton’s first law of motion - an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force.

2. Underestimating your abilities at unsafe velocities; why you will street your face…

(2a - The different ways to leave an esk8 at speed: Superman, backslider, tuck and roll, clothesline style - with illustrations!)

1. How to respond to kids who want to ride your esk8 (don’t be a dick)

2. Going off road on your esk8. Is it a good idea?

3. Attempting tricks/stunts/jumps on your esk8, and other ways to accidentally destroy it.

4. Safety gear, what safety gear is acceptable, and what safety gear is awesome.

5. Potholes, kerbs and your esk8 - why they don’t mix.

6. How to be diplomatic with [insert OEM brand here] riders; technical insults they will not understand.

And finally…

1. How to make offerings to Skatan😈
10 Likes

Skip number 1, science is out of fashion and I think they’re going to turn it off soon.

4 Likes

Semi-serious question here- is this intended more for esk8 riding or is it aimed at building as well? Building is whole world in itself, with a lot of different skills and other info you need to know as a builder, but someone who just wants to ride wouldn’t need. …or that what vol. 2 is for?