My bearing blew out?!

For 10mm axle? Think seismic tekton has some but doesn’t have inner seal

Yeah, I saw them but they are Mondo expensive. That with no inner seal is a deal.killer for me. I stopped using reds for that same reason.

1 Like

Surfrodz 10mm are double buna FYI

I got som titanium bearings. Haven’t tried them yet but they look nice.

1 Like

I had Enduro ceramic bearings in my Carvon V2’s They held up really well. They are double sealed. @mmaner
Might be able to get them in 10mm They are a bit pricey though. Over $20 ea.

1 Like

Even with all the maintenance in the world. Mechanical failures happen. Lithium grease works the best.

1 Like

I’ll look and see what I can find, Thanks for the heads up @Namasaki.

1 Like

I have now my ceramic bearings for 7 jears… sector 9

Do ceramic bearings require oil/grease too?

For ceramic ball only bearings yes, for full ceramic not sure, I would assume yes I love these ceramics(balls only)

1 Like

It takes ten minutes…

Normally skate bearings are used for hours of skating then maintenance. This turns into about 50-100 miles of pushing. I can ride 100 miles in a few days and I skate hard. So I keep multiple sets. Every 4 or 5 charges I just swap them out. I’ll keep swapping for 3 weeks then clean them all at once.

This is for regular lube and keeping your bearings fast. If you want to clean less do what @psychotiller and @chaka do, use lithium grease, it’ll last longer but your bearings won’t be quite as fast

1 Like

68 x 10mm internal diameter ceramic bearings to choose from at: http://www.vxb.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=13&search=10mm+ceramic&show=150&page=1&f-10mm=495

might be something there to suit?

no but i clean them every 20. ride or so ceramic is good because of the litle heat expanson…