Motor Mount of Choice and pulleys

So what Motor mount design is the dominant one right now. I see all kinds of different ones what do you use and why? What kind of mounts would you like to made available for cheap?

My Esc’s are nearing completion so I want to tackle the next part or DIY long boards that I see as overpriced.

Would you like to see good Motor mounts for a decent price on amazon or do you like us keeping to ourselves?

1 Like

I think the hot mount right now is @okp I’ve heard good things

Unik boards that is

3 Likes

I think Chaka aka Ollin boards has the best designed drive system out there currently.

Only way I could see to better it would be to use a helical or hypoid gear drive so you could get duel rear motors on a regular truck. Both solutions require machining of the truck or using a machined/precision hangar to get alignment.

But then again I like nice things, some one else will post up something cheap and simple and say that’s the best… who is your market?

10 Likes

Price. Those UNIK ones are a bit expensive because it’s made in small batches. Beautiful mounts though.

3 Likes

The price, selection and quality of @marcmt88 mounts is quite nice I don’t know if there’s a truck/motor configuration he doesn’t support… https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/3/6/3694e888fa553b884181281b314546a2614f971f.jpg

10 Likes

No point selling on Amazon. The target audience is here and it is free to sell here

1 Like

I do love how the are mountable in both directions.

1 Like

A precision truck + mount combo would be nice.

I know I have Tony Stark as my picture but my projects have to stay under a 5K limit. :joy: I think the addition of trucks would burst that limit.

1 Like

I’m just say that every one of the @psychotiller RIPBA variations have been rock fuckin solid, never an issue.

6 Likes

https://psychotiller.com/product/surfrodz-tkp-trucks-with-thick-custom-quick66-mounts

3 Likes

That’s the one :metal:

1 Like

@bimmer, hey maybe your next project could be WHEEL PULLEYS :wink: For: ABEC11, Clones, Kegel/Popoca and MBS If you manage to make them without the need of bolts and truck modifications, that would be very nice :slight_smile: BTW, @marcmt88 mounts are very good, i have custom one from him.

1 Like

…more than you can imagine: my future Evolve mounts by @marcmt88, coming next week.

3 Likes

So you can have no bolts or no truck modification not both.

With the TB 218mm trucks and the Evolve Supercarve trucks, you can have both. What you can’t have at this point, is aluminum wheel pulley and no bolts. We need that badly

Sorry to derail your motor mounts thread

3 Likes

Why the adversion towards bolts?

1 Like

The bolts create torque on the bearings in the way they are not strongest.

Putting a bearing inside the pulley and allowing it to ride on the axle transfers ONLY tangential/rotational force to the wheel and not radial forces and it’s guaranteed the pulley is perfectly centered, causing less belt skipping under some conditions.

Also it just makes changing or cleaning the wheel and/or bearings super-easy. Basically just a regular longboard wheel.

4 Likes

Totally right, Brian.

Why, in the name of God, no one has ever come yet with decicated (ABEC, Kegel, MBS, Clone, etc) full aluminum wheel pulley (whith sprockets) designed for the esk8 DIY market?

1 Like

Because machine hours for a lathe with powered tools isnt cheap.

1 Like