Motor is shaking and jerking a lot and barely spins at all even after a new vesc. Please help!

That could be it, make sure the middle wire coming from your motor is plugged into the middle wire of the VESC

Check you phase wire connections. If one of your phase wires is not connecting, the motor will just shake and studder and fail detection. Cold solder joints can cause poor or no connection

If your motor was shorted, you would not be able to spin the motor by hand. It would act like the brakes where on

Also make sure that the circlip on the moto shaft is not rubbing on the mounting plate.

If you have sensors connected. Try detection without sensors.

Already tried swapping the phase wires, still didnā€™t work

And how do I move the circlip

This is what my motor does https://photos.app.goo.gl/fGEeWqDd4vsdZUK63. Listen to the sound it makes

I already watched the video I didnā€™t say to swap the phase wires. I said to check the connections for cold solder joints. If the circlip is rubbing on the plate, you donā€™t move the circlip, you have to grind the slot in the plate larger so it clears.

Oh ok but that didnā€™t work either

How did you check them?

No I meant I checked the circlip. I donā€™t know how to check phase wires

I believe your problem is a bad connection in one of the phase wires. Youā€™ll need shrink tube and a hot air gun. Remove the shrink tube from the connectors on the Vesc wires and the motor wires. Then take pics of them and post so we can see You can sometimes find the bad connection by holding each wire while twisting and pulling on the connectors. If one of them breaks loose, then you have the culprit.

Itā€™s not my vesc because this one is brand new and itā€™s also my second one because my first one did the same thing. When I get home I will see if I can post a pic of the motor wires

@torqueboards Can you help me here??

Itā€™s the 6355 and it didnā€™t work from the time I took out of the box

@dg798 I have no clue who you are. This isnā€™t the proper channel to ask me for help. You can email me at help@ and weā€™ll get you all sorted out.

1 Like

I was emailing someone and they stopped responding since last night

just double checked the phase wires. Everything is good

It could also very likely be that your internal phase wires are close together before the windings

This can mean that turning by hand it isnā€™t a big issue, but once some power is sent down the phase wires it can arc out and start jumping between phases

Another possibility is that your phase wire insulation is cut around the opening of the motor and are shorting on the casing.

I would check this out by seeing how strong your brake is when applying a slight brake with your VESC. If itā€™s really stiff you definitely have shorted phase wires.

If you get no braking when applying full brake then i will be a bad connection to your phase wires.

I canā€™t even use the brakes because the motor barely even spins

The last vesc I had had the drv8302 error after keeping it plugged into the motor for too long. Does that mean that thereā€™s a short

Did u simply try the bldc test on the computer. Easiest way to see if its shorted in my experience. And it sounds like its not going to pass. Shorted.