Motor is shaking and jerking a lot and barely spins at all even after a new vesc. Please help!

even when my motor is connected to nothing it gives me some resistantce. when plugged in it gives bad motor detection. it shakes and jerks alot

Your motor is very likely to have shorted, if it did dont use it it will fry your controller.

is there way to fix it

Did you ride it alot, what battery count do you use, did you ride hills or flats?

didnt ride it once yet. it was doing this ever since i started trying to program the vesc

and i use 2 6s batteries in series

If its new, maybe it isnt burned out, startup stutter is common on an unsensored motor. Do you have another brushless motor to compare the rolling resistance. It is normal for a motor to have some rolling resistance, when you turn it by hand you will feel magnets as you are rotating. In case it is burned out turning it will feel smooth, with energy sucking resistance.

But the bad motor detection is weird, i really dont know my vesc stuff so you should probably wait for someone to chime in. Maybe put VESC in the title of the thread.

so now its not giving me resistance but this is what happens when i try to do a motor detection: https://photos.app.goo.gl/fGEeWqDd4vsdZUK63. listen to the sound

Change the title of the thread, and read this. Your answer is likely here

ok thank you

Can someone please help

has anyone had this problem and found a solution???

If someone had found a solution, they would have already posted it. Please stop creating so many topics, we are not here to spoon feed you

i did my searching there was no topic that would help me

Hey there @dg798

This sounds exactly like my motor did when i got it. My issue was the motor mount screws were shorting the motor out. Try loosening the mounting screws a bit and spinning the motor. If that works file down your mounting screws little by little until they can be tight but not short the motor.

On a lot of motors you can literally look in the side at the end to see if the screws are touching/close to the windings. #randomTips

I tried even without the mount but it still didn’t work

I already recommended him to try that :wink:

1 Like

have you tried swapping your phase wires around?

1 Like