More $40-$55 Motors from Banggood (5045 200KV, 5060 280KV, 5065 200KV, 6368 280KV)

Great, that sounds much more like it! Will do some more testing tomorrow and report back with definitive KV.

1 Like

Do you like that 6368 :slight_smile: ?

Not sure yet, will be doing a build with it in the next couple of weeks just waiting for a few parts to arrive.

I would recommend the larger motor

Thanks @pat.speed this is the one I have. Why would you recommend the larger one, because its bigger or you have used it for some time?

@rolexbene I haven’t used that motor i would have just suggested a larger motor because it will run cooler and provide more torque. Although if the smaller one is running fine that’s great and there is no need for a larger motor

@deucesdown Thanks for clarification about pole pairs… forgot about such thing and im still not an vesc user.

The data you posted about 5045 unloaded motor sounds reliable. Would be nice to find out whenever wheel / belt attached to motor can bring down the kv number by about 14kv ?

Or the 5065 ones (or the one u have) just run slower / with less kv?

@rolexbene if kv number with wheel attaches is close to 260kv that’s pretty good, I was a bit scared it might be close to 300kv when unloaded and might lack some strenght / torque I need.

So yeh, non the less, nice to hear it stays around 260kv, which might prove to be just the sweet spot for the setup / build I need.

And big shout / thanks for posting the data @rolexbene ! I’ve been really curious about these motors since they seem a really good choice (price / power / construction wise) but there are not that many reviews / feedback about these motors.

I have seen a couple of evolve board riders have installed them but they usually dont share much info about their performance and other stats, just report the increased speed they get when installing 200kv ones.

Haha sorry dude I was replying to a different post and then I thought you were the guy I replied to. The 6368 will definitely be big enough

Ok so tested tonight with the new Vesc tool. results without belt wheel are solid at:

1884 /7 = 269kv

1 Like

I see that the 6386 motor, has a 10mm shaft. What do people do about the pulleys ? I believe the most of them is for 8mm ??

Personally I have done a bad job at drilling an 8mm 16t out to a 10mm. haven’t tested yet but looks a bit wonky, think you could do a ok job with a drill press though. After this I found a 20t 10mm on ebay as a backup.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1Pcs-3M20T-Timing-Belt-Pulley-Gear-Sprocket-10mm-Bore-For-15mm-Width-Belt/162429095523?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

1 Like

Thanks

Exactly the one i needed also :slight_smile:

Btw. do you know if the sensored cable, fits directly in the vesc ?

If I’m not mistaken. These motors have big and strong enough bearings to be able to use them as hub motors!?

Thanks, u confirmed now officialy that kv is a bit lower than in specs. Good to know!

@darkkevind im not sure as of yet what bearing type these motors have but but guys on ES forum kept saying good things about skirt bearings, which the bigger size motors tend to use.

If.u look closer, u can see the bearing close to axle and it looks like it has many pieces… like some shittier skateboard wheel bearings tend to look, so.im not 100% sure do they qualify in the same league, someone with more experience in motors should step in.

Maybe @Hummie or @JLabs can tell the truth.

Otherwise they still seem like good motors to me and people who have bought.them seem to be still using them and not complain about faults or damage.

All extra i know is they resemble ollin motors, evolve even seem to be almost.using same exact motors (just lower kv) and screw spacing might be different from turnigy sk3 motor spacing pattern, so mounts might need to be custom made (or new holes)

I’ve got this particular motor and the bearing is massive, like almost 30mm outer diameter I think. I’d take a photo, but it’s in my workshop at the end of the garden and it’s raining… and I don’t have shoes on… and it’s cold… :disappointed:

1 Like

Close up picture would be nice. If it is massive it might as well.be skirt bearing, which.i.understand needs to almost “cover” whole can / diameter of motor

Just received the 6368 /280kv from banggood :grin:

Looks nice! I was also eying the 200kv from them but when i checked last time i couldnd find the 63 size 200kv motor anymore… anyways, wish u a nicw build using this motor :wink:

Banggood just listed new motors what do you think of them? I am looking to make my first build and having motors inside the wheels would make the build really clean. The price is amazing.

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-H4131-58KV-36V-Electric-Scooter-Brushless-Motor-p-1201040.html?p=1Q2106590444201405YO

Expensive motors low wattage, turnigy has a lot better motors for 15$ more like 2kW of power more