Modding my Sunkko 709A

it runs off just the lipo in the v3 model anyway

maybe i’ll just use my rage vision to weld the tabs from now on.

4 Likes

Just sayin’

1 Like

You may have to rub it in my face a few more times before i learn. Maybe call me a bad boy. A bad, bad boy. Then point to that welder a few more times until i figure it out.

1 Like

Hehe :smiley: :yum:

whats the thickness of the nickel on that one?

0.15mm :thumbsup:

i may be selling both of my welders soon. Even if i go into autozone and buy brand new everything its still under $150 for everything here, and i will not have to do that. Damn.

I bought the arduino kit and love it. It can do 0.25 and thicker if needed. I get free used batteries from work all the time so it was a no brainer

1 Like

I’m loving it, 3000 welds in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Kinda what I did with my Sunkko. Got rid of it and went compact and off grid. I spent more than I actually needed but one of the units is for soldering and the other for spot welding and its still strong. Working the welder with 4s lipos and solder with 6s1p 18650s

1 Like

More details please, that looks pretty slick

I think it could be done, but you’d have to use some very heavy gauge cable to keep the resistance down. Maybe 2/0 flexible welding cable?

@Eboostin. Most of the details are on here

1 Like

i bought the arduino kit and never received it. I’m kind of pissed.

The kit is great. Talk to them, they should sort this issue out and send another one or a refund.

Mine took a couple of weeks to arrive. How long has it been? He responded to me via email within a few hours when I had questions.

When you do get it, check out my thread here about the diode. Make sure you install/yours comes with the larger one.

months. I’d have to dig through the emails.

Mine came in less than two weeks. I’m also on west coast, but I don’t think kit should take months. Definitely hit him up.

Same here less than 2 weeks