Metr Pro - Next Gen Bluetooth Module

Mine is working on 2.54 right now Mike. I get a lot of disconnect notifications, but it still seems to record the full stats for the day and the records start and stop well enough. Also I lost my ferrite ring before I installed it. I just found it last night under the beer fridge :+1:. That should fix the disconnect problem I hope.

1 Like

Ordered one…without antenna since the non pro metr.at works very well on the FORAKER. if I ever decide to buy an antenna later, will that be possible?

Just wondering, when upgrading from the original to the pro. The metr app will probably recognize it as a ‘new’ board. Any chance we can transfer total board data such as distance ridden and stuff within the app?

I wondered that too. Thought of setting up the app on my wife’s phone and naming the module the same as my first one… then trying to connect it to my phone and app with all the stats. I don’t have that many records and stats at the moment though.

All the orders are shipped! You can find tracking numbers inside your PayPal :slight_smile: Tracking can be done here https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html?locale=en_GB (enter 9 June 2018 as posting date, if it doesn’t work, enter 8 June 2018)

@mmaner original metr modules already work with 2.54, but some features are not available (dual realtime data, startup mode, etc.) @Manu39 yes, you can buy antenna later, but you also need to resolder 0R resistor on the Metr Pro module, between internal PCB antenna and external antenna port @Yecrtz @i2oadsweepei2 unfortunately it is not possible to transfer the stats from other modules, but thank you for the idea

2 Likes

Just bought 3. Love your work Roman.

1 Like

I’m sure many of you would like to try VESC Tool with direct BLE connection to Metr Pro. Here you can find the latest VESC Tool binaries for macOS and Windows.

In Windows, you first need to complete new device pairing procedure:

1. Press Start and type bluetooth. Open Bluetooth and other device settings.
  2. Click "Add Bluetooth or other device
  3. Wait until you see Metr Pro, click on it and enter PIN code

After this you should be able to connect via VESC Tool

6 Likes

Bro, I’m a bit bummed by your approach on this. I already had 2 official HM 10 modules. Wanted to use the Metr app with a smartwatch. Ended up buying one of your modules. Android updates to 8. Cannot use it any more. Now you release yet another hardware limitation. Please look into the issues with android 8 and fix them for your original customers

Have you tired any of the other solutions in the first metr thread?

How does a new Product = “yet another hardware limitation”? In that case all consoles and their successors are hardware limitations as well.

1 Like

In the context of. I reported the issue. I also offered help in testing. The issue still remains. New Metr module is compatible with Android 8. So if I want the easy way out, have yet to buy another module

@rpasichnyk the BLE connection does not work with the original vesc tools 0.92 ? Thanks.

I have no issues with android 8. Only certain phones have issues with it.

I am so happy right now never again I will remove my enclosure to get to my focbox es!

13 Likes

Is this your first metr module?

I had one before but never done the TCP bridge thing I am happy it is plug and play now

1 Like

OMG GOD!!! I need to do this too! Also, I’ve destroyed one of the micro USB ports and couldn’t change the baud rate to get a new BT module to work to change the settings. This solves that issue!!! I can finally change my FOCBOX settings :joy:

Beautiful work @hexakopter and @rpasichnyk.

Btw, if I order today when is the next batch due to be built and shipped?

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the pic. Good to see you received them. I think you will have a lot of fun with your Metr Pro modules. :grinning:

Glad you like our work. When you order today before 8:00 PM CEST it will be shipped out tomorrow morning. Bear in mind that only two modules with external antennas are left. It will take some time before we have new modules with external antennas back in stock. Metr Pro modules with internal antennas are some more left.

2 Likes

Well I guess I bought the last two…

stoked to be on “board” boys :smiling_imp:

HaHa @DanSkates… I could prob. wait a bit before I use the second, If you’re hard up for one quickly let me know bro we will work something out :wink:

6 Likes

@Skitzor I understand you feelings and I am sorry about that. Android 8 has changes that prevent the old module from being discovered. One way to workaround that is to downgrade to Android 7, perform discovery (Scan) inside the metr app and connect to the module, then upgrade to Android 8 and the module will be still saved in the app. This way you can use it with Android 8.

The new module is not a limitation at all. It is actually a direct solution to the Anroid 8 problem. With insurance. If Google does some trick like this again, the module’s firmware can be updated over the air to be compatible with future versions of Android.

@Manu BLE connection does work with the original VESC Tool v0.92 but only on Linux

3 Likes

Nicely swooped in there cobber! I might have to take advantage of your kind generosity here if that’s cool and buy one off you :wink: I’ll DM you…

1 Like