Making a Motor Mount

You’re from Russia? so thats why your name is El doska (board) . You Russian keyboard bro?

ahahah im still confuised lol

in the first two pics you mount looks like crap but then in the third it looks amazing. how did you make it look so good?

lots of work!!! the end product came out surprisingly well :smile:

2 Likes

You sir, will survive the zombie apocalypse

5 Likes

Yes I am, and you are right - “Doska” means “Board”, and i have russian keyboard as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you only speak Russsian or can you speak Ukrainian too? (asking bc family is from Ukraine and I was forced to learn both) :smile:

I speak Russian, German and little bit English. I have never learned Ukrainian, but it is similar to Russian. And i suppose it to be offtop, so if somebody wants to learn more about bears, matreshkas and balalaikas, feel free to PM me :smile:

3 Likes

WOW/ That blew my mind. That looks like the easiest most cost effective thing I could do.

Hi guys, just wanted to share a motor mount I built a few months ago with a very similar technic (not very good looking but cheap, really easy to make and working)

(Sorry, I can only upload one picture because I am new here)

2 Likes

@Paulf That’s pretty crafty. And is that a speaker on the bottom of your enclosure?

@Mobutusan this is my first build and it has been working for 3 months now… Yes, its a personal touch I added. I can connect my phone to the speaker over Bluetooth (I use it mainly when not riding the board)

1 Like

Hi, what is the thickness of the plate and what kind of material is it ?

Thickness is only 3mm I’m bot sure about the material it is. I just found it in my garage It tends to bend a little bit, that’s why I added the small threaded shaft you can barely see behind the motor mount

I’m trying to figure out how you mounted it to the trucks? Could you post a pic of that or explain?

The way I managed to mount it a bit specific because my trucks were not round and I used this “weird” shape in order to “clip” my custom made mount Actually A threaded shaft with bolts is fixing the mount and the truck reinforcement is preventing it from moving It’s hard to explain… Ask me if it’s still unclear for you…

1 Like

Thanks, I did not notice the shaft. That is a clever way to stiffen up the main bracket. I am building mine of 6mm S355 steel.

1 Like

So essentially it is only connected to the trucks with that one bolt?

Yes that was not my first plan but it turned out to be enough…

Cool!

Thanks a lot!