Magsafe as charge port

I guess this only works if you have a bms :frowning: damn balancing wires

no - I am not going to use a BMS. With quality cells balancing is unnecessary and can be done occasionally (like once a year or something). Look at @whitepony’s builds!

So in reality all I need to charge my zippys is the power wires and just occasionally power the cover off and balance them?

Zippy’s are not quality cells. Lipos in general are a different story. I am going to use 18650 cells.

There should be a spark aswell there… since a battery is also a capacitor… but the ISR is higher in them compared to capacitors… so you may be right about the sparks :slight_smile:

One From SuPower: http://www.batterysupports.com/43v-44v-504v-20a-lithium-ion-lipo-battery-charger-12s-12x-36v-p-442.html

They are only usable fo large e-bike or 8p MTB Packs.

I think mellow is using something like this! For waterproof charging

Ok first heads up:

30V can be delivered (the max of my lab power supply) but the connector gets quite warm (I guess the controller chip is not designed for this type of voltage). Will see how it looks with 41V when my DROK charger is ready. Thickness of the female part (without the unnecessary PCB) is 7mm - so really nice for thin boards as all other plugs usually require much more space. The pins are even angled at 90° already :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

We’ll see if that actually works tomorrow

5 Likes

that is gorgeous! I too am worried about over-amping those small wires and pcb… keep an eye on it, but so good looking!!!

1 Like

They are officially used for up to 4A (Apple 85W charger) - so nothing to worry about.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of hubs, but damn that is so stealth. I live it. Awesome work.

1 Like

@Maxid dude…

17 Likes

Finally someome noticed :wink: Was really happy when I found out that the switch fits nicely into the truck baseplate on the trucks that came with @jacobbloy’s motors

3 Likes

Cleanest look ever

1 Like

Seems to work quite nicely

13 Likes

yooo when i was falling asleep last night i was thinking of that switch idea

1 Like

@Maxid: Your magsafe port and the stealthy switch is friggin’ awesome!

Wall hanger charging sounds really sexy. The problem would be the charging port. It needs to be easily connected without tension and pressure so it’s not dependent on which angle you’re hanging your board. I mean the angle could change if your bottom wheels is touching the wall and you change the size of your wheels.

1 Like

What ab spark? Is that switch antispark?

there is a vedder anti spark switch inside the board.

Tight fit :wink:

6 Likes