Looking for the best Electric Longboard out there! - COLLEGE INNOVATION - - HIGH BUDGET -

From a standpoint of pure technical sophistication go with a Boosted. For the other one, though, I’d look at boards that have nonstandard suspensions and more advanced mechanical systems than a regular skateboard - so the Baja.

the timeline is tight, so you are limited to current/available boards.

as far as best of breed (commercial) boards - Boosted, Evolve, Marbel would be my suggestion.

DIY - Raptor, LHB, Ollin

Look forward to seeing what you end up doing with these, and what improvements you work out.

It might also be worth touching base w/ Vedder to see if you can get ahold of one of the v6 VESC’s to test and give testing feedback! Worst case he doesn’t respond, but maybe him or one of the folks on vedder.se forum can send you one to test!

I have a winner for you

9 Likes

Nice do you plan on selling this?

I spent about 4 months on the board itself. So no I don’t want to sale it, but would love to be in this project. I’m still working on the wiring and design, but should have it going in less than 2 weeks.

Just two skateboards sandwiched together, glued and screwed together. Board doesn’t flex at all. Real strong.

In modular I mean, we must be able to switch the parts when necesarry. I quite like the Marbel board and I think that they got a pretty good innovated product. It’s slim, lightweight and powerfull. It’s mostly for testing purpose to test if an electric skateboard could fit in any modern lifestyle. Anyway, Boosted is doing a quite good job at making it as commercial as possible, however we will try to adapt a skateboard so that every single one can be using it. Also looking at Inboard, i’d surely buy this but it will ship in 12 weeks!

Is it good for mass production?

@LEVer I really think that you’re products are ready for the future, I’ll invest in some carvons later for my own project!

1 Like

Not for nuthin’ this request sounds a little scratchy to me…

5k Eur budget and truncated timeline?

A bit much for a board and too little time to search for things that would be production ready and that you can truly trust. Not sure what your end game is …

Wouldn’t want to see a repeat Dutch version of this

Seletec the Boosted board dual+ and the Evolve bamboo GT 2 in 1. Let’'s see how long shipping will take

oh wow that looks amazing… and its two decks laminated together and then shaped?

you give me ideas. I think i’m going to try something like this. I need to get away from boxes. they’re a pain in the ass.

I’m still working on the electronic portion but will post the whole build once I get done. I hand crafted the entire board which took forever. A buddy of mine painted it. Since I got your attention I still need to send that Raptor back to you to fixe again. I’ll send it with a detail of all issues. Thanks Damon

1 Like

Not the way I built it. Maybe if I had a CNC. I hand crafted the entire board. It took probably 20 hrs

So what happend to this project in the end? I don’t really understand the idea of wasting a research budget on boards for the kids to ride on. With that sort of money you could actually buy all the material you need for some serious innovation and experimentation.

Very nice …what did you use as a laminate ?

Nope!!! This stinks of scam.

3 Likes

at the end we ordered an Evolve GT, also I build a board by myself just for testing to see how this vehicle could really change the way people commute. Thanks for your cooperation…

Awesome college innovation then :smiley:

1 Like