Looking for hubmotors

It’s been awhile but I think I had different Space Cell + VESC settings when I first tested FOC on Carvons. Could be the amps.

The amps would make more sense then the heat. I will try the carvons in FOC when I get a chance. Working on pressing decks and building batteries first.

Is foc a problem for the vesc? I have heard about problems with it that could lead to faults

Could you share the link to the best hub motor on the market right now please? :wink: thanks

None actually did tests to compare all the hubs that are on the market…but most of those hubs are total shit. It seems like right now ENERTION RAPTOR 2 might have the most efficient hubs, but they are not selling them apart…so besides that …you need to wait for CARVON v3’s. which will be awesome.

That was my fear… But do we know what is the raptor 2 using? Or the closest motor that we can buy online. I know the enertion quality is admirable but I can’t wait for them to get released… :slight_smile:

1 Like

talk to @ralphy, he did some modification to the former jacobhubs and sells them as set

I would wait till people review hubs from esk8hubs.com. I have ordered a set and will do a review comparing them to outboard motors and testing them against some old footage I have of my Jacob hubs.

2 Likes

I am super curious about these hubs too…one thing that bothers me …is that there is no ventilation at all at the back plate. I know that trucks will do as heat sinks .but that might be not enough.

I’ll make sure to report on how hot they get. Feel free to ask the creator about them on the website.

Thanks this setup of 100mm with Jacobs hub are unmatched in the industry. No one makes a 100mm hub motor.

Carvon v3 will handle 100mm hubs.

Don’t you have to machine the wheel to fit?

No. Machined wheels were for previous versions. With v3 you can use any wheel size.you just pop it on without any issues.

1 Like

Well thanks for that clarification. I wasn’t aware of that. I also see they can reach 31mph which is impressive.

I guess with the setup I did you have the benefit of using standard trucks that are readily available and a very affordable durable motor.

What does a full truck wheel and motor setup on carvon v3 sell for?

I do the full setup for $350 including wheels with a proven 28mph continuous run.

What about torque boards hubs Compared to the Raptors?

140 motors sold without a single mechanical failure in the motor. All steel parts

Steelhubs.com

I’ll have new stronger motors using 12mm axles in about 2 weeks

1 Like

I dont even think they are in the same league.

I may make the next set of wheels 110mm just to claim the largest in the industry :laughing:

Motors and wheels are available NOW!

I know the Carvon V3 buyers such as myself are interested in larger format wheel options in ABEC some format if you head in that direction. They won’t need the hub motors though, just the wheels lol.

1 Like