Live on Kickstarter! Dash, patent pending modular electric longboard

We’re live on Kickstarter! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/703584336/dash-electric-the-modular-future-proof-electric-lo

I was curious how much you expect the single and dual motor kits to weigh? Specifically the weight difference between the front motor kit and the back trucks/wheels. Effectively this would be the weight “cost” of adding a motor to an existing skateboard

Aw crap I missed the dual drive! Should have told us earlier :confused:

1 Like

There’s unlimited dual drives! $650 kit $800 complete

No sir, its only available to 5. :pensive:

Maybe I missed it but what are you patenting? Just curious, is it the modular battery design?

The early bird is only 5! The normal one is on there “dual drive kit” :smile:

Yeah! But I wanted early bird (cheaper). But its fine.

1 Like

It’s the same price! The only difference is stickers and first to ship!

We have a patent pending on the way all the components come together and the way it’s mounting to the board. While eon(spain) was first to launch with a similar design we already had the design created and was in the process of developing the patent for the US which is a first to file. So we’ll need to talk to eon if/when the patent goes through about US sales.

wow, you are taking jacobs hub motor design & doing a kickstarter :frowning:

another sad day for JACOB

1 Like

Just seeing this, looks great! To get clarify, the only difference between the dual hub kit versus complete is the deck for additional $150?

1 Like

Yeah I feel very bad for Jacob. He got screwed in everyday possible. Hopefully your hubs can give him some redemption!

While they talk about patenting their work - hypocrite much? I feel so sorry for Jacob.

Jacob’s Hubs can do FOC - in the booklet I got when buying them it even said that Vedder personally had the motors to test and recommended to use different shunts to increase resolution. Personally I am not going to risk it though - heard too many bad stories about fried DRV chips.

1 Like

We’re not stealing his design. I have talked with since the first gen motors, we gave him quite a lot of funding to help continue development as well as rights to improve the designs ourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

We’re not patenting anything around the motors as brushless hubs are all too similar to patent right now. Our patent is around the rest of Our design

We actually helped fund jacobs design awhile back, and with his consent we are using his motors and are improving the designs for our own use

2 Likes

That’s correct!

You guys should stop talking trash without knowing a thing. He mentioned his work WITH JACOB in the first post, they know each other and he also helped him. Just cause you have “the best hub motor esk8” that doesn’t mean everybody else is just stealing stuff from poor people. At least read the first post, before commenting

1 Like