Blank Custom | SK3 192KV | VESC | 9S LiPo | Custom Mount kit | Caliber Raw 44s | 83mm | GT2B Mod Sparkle

Well, it depends. Some paint dont stick well to the lacquer. Other paints bleed out into the wood making a messy result… maybe ask in the shop what paint and spray lacquer to buy - and in which order to apply.

The graphic I was thinking about using is a vinyl printed sticker.

Then you should definetly use the spray lacquer first

Just did 3 coats on the topside, will let the topside dry out over night and then will sand down the bottomside and do tomorrow.

2 Likes

Looks good. I have something similar I plan on using… once the etsy company responds back on my board request. I messaged them, it took like 1 and half weeks to respond and once I messaged them back again, they haven’t responded. It’s been a week now. Did you have similar problems?

Never had a communication problem, they were quick in responding, over the weekend they don’t respond however. I wouldn’t try going for handles like mine as they came out a little wonky.

I underestimated the angle of attack and got a little empty spot on the edge. Would using some of the cutout and put a strip there work?

Any fix suggestions ?

1 Like

If you have a heat gun you can heat up the grip tape to get it to release easier, then re-apply it. Putting more on the missed edge will likely just peal and you will be able to see the seem. I typically seem in the middle, either horizontally or vertically depending on if the sheet is too short or too skinny, if I have to use multiple sheets.

1 Like

1 Like

Just a quick question, I was riding in a parking garage yesterday and when not loaded, my board curves to a side. Could it be the truck holes are not straight? I also notice a rattling noise when riding, sounds like the spacer is jumping around on the axle. How tight should the wheel be?

dont have nay ideas about the swerve, but the rattle is most likely a spacer. Most people like the metal spacers, I dont really care as long as they are the correct size and the cheap ones seldom are.

1 Like

Mine also goes to one side… dont know is that a big issue… I would assume the bushings/trucks are a bit to one side… that’s all

1 Like

I will open up the bushing to see if it had a odd shape. It was weird as I was going down the steep garage incline and I started to go to fast and I would jump off.

@mmaner @Okami Thanks for the reply and help :slight_smile:

In the meanwhile:

I will be trying out these ELECTROLUMINESCENT (EL) TAPE STRIP that light up from Adafruit

EL WIRE/TAPE/PANEL

They come in sheet sizes and stripes and strings.

Just got two mounts from @fedestanco, Really nice quality and worth the price.

Now if only I had wheels and a pulley to finish it all up.

Next steps would be getting the motors around the 25th maybe earlier.

3 Likes

After putting the mounts on yesterday I noticed my 44° trucks aren’t going to work as even with the most angle I can pull on the mount it will still touch the board when turning, I heard of angle risers before but can someone explain how the bolting system still goes through the board still perpendicularly?

It doesn’t, your hardware is gonna get bent. A regular riser might work.

1 Like

@NickTheDude @wmj259 I use heavily angled riders on a few of my boards, a quick solution if you don’t want hardware bending is to also make angled washers. Don’t have any pictures at the moment, but I went and got some thick rubber washers for 50c each at a hardware store and sanded them so that the nut is still parallel to the board and the bolt stays straight. Super easy - and if you don’t want to waste money I found that making risers out of spare plywood is also very simple if you have a belt sander and scroll saw

2 Likes

These are 6 degree risers. Bolts didn’t bend because bolt holes in deck are 1mm bigger than bolts. I just bought way too long bolts.

3 Likes

Just got a bunch of motors for a lot of people. I got myself 2 6374 192KV’s. Would those work at a 9S LiPo setup? Or should I aim for a 12S? Still learning about how to connect the VESC to the computer and in master/slave control.