Liion Cells Reading 0.6v?

Weird… Each one is fine now? Kinda odd that you got that reading for all the cells individually. Maybe you had flux or adhesive on your probes.

Yeah I think my probes have been like coated with something, I think I might’ve used one of them to scratch something recently, and that may have left a coating on them :grimacing:… I had only measured like three or four cells originally

Dude - that’s awesome! i was bummed for you when i thought your pack was dead. that’s some serious $ down the drain if it’s dead.

I might check each individual cell w/ your MM and just confirm none have any issue. Did you also wire your pack for balancing already? I don’t see any balance leads in the picture above your MM?

Fingers crossed and GL!

I originally thought the issue with having to do with the battery, when the VESC and the LCD were not lighting up, But it happened to be that the XT 90 anti-spark blew up… As far as I believe. I just took a look at my XT90S, and it’s bulging and very hot

Pic? Wonder if you have too long of a “loop” and smaller wire or resistance caused an issue?

It’s actually not a loop key, just the connector on the battery… Is that not recommended?

I’m going to switch it out to be an xt90s loop key and a regular xt90 battery connector

the direct connect w/o it being a loop key is actually preferred.

sounds like a qc issue, or you didn’t fully seat it - so it was running through the resistor section of the connection?

That’s what i do, simply so i don’t need a ton of the anti-spark connectors (one for ea battery) vs a single loop key for all batteries.

I don’t think it was properly connected.

Ahh so you use the anti-spark side as the actual key, and the female end in the board so you only one key? Interesting…

Yep! I did a quick how-to. Remedial, but for your perusal:

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/how-to-anti-spark-xt-90-loop-key/204

Simple and works. Just don’t do a huge loop. Paracord works well if you need a handle…

Cool! I have an XT-60 loop key on my old board board which works pretty well…

So I charged the pack, and it reads the correct voltage… But I’m not sure, I tried to measure the amp output of the pack when connected to the VESC, or even just a voltage monitor, and it read ~3.5A. But it wouldn’t go on. Now I thought it may have to do with the BMS, so I connected it just as I would without a BMS (even though the BMS was still soldered on) and it still only pulled ~3.5A, and still didn’t have enough power (or too much? though I doubt it) to turn on the VESC or display… Is there something wrong? Why would this be happening? Does it have to do with the BMS?

If your using a Bestech BMS, They have exterior short circuit protection.

1 Like

The BMS was also really hot… But I believe that was from charging

Ok, well I figured it out. It was the crappy BMS, it was preventing the battery from properly discharged, so I took it off. I’ve been waiting for the supower BMS for like a month now and I have no idea where it is? But I will use that when I get it. It works now though!

What brand of BMS was the bad one? Supower Bms are good but they are really struggling with shipping to USA

I emailed supowerbattery and they told me it was sent back because of the heightened security around the g20 summit. The sent it back and gave me the new tracking number.

I had the same problem with them so I got a refund and bought from Bestech instead and they had no problem delivering quickly.