Lectric LS | Dual Hub Motors | Available for preorder

Nope totally my bad lol. Was looking under the latest posts and didn’t realize what headed your post. Sorry. Read bro and build cuz you will have issues with whatever you buy but if you built it, you can also fix it. :smile: plus the look on people’s face when you tell them you built it is priceless lol

I’ll continue to do my research and read up. Theres just so many options and parts to think about, it’s a bit intimidating for noobs lol.

It’s not as hard as people make it out to be @eddiekphoto … you can make it cheap and simple … or expensive and complicated as you want.

I guess we DIYers need to get over the fact that these products do exist and won’t stop. It’s tough to give an objective answer weather this product is good or bad. We’ll always say bad. It’s sometimes hard to squeak out an acknowledgement to boosted and evolve with this crew… That being said on products such as these you’re kinda stuck relaying on YouTube videos and stuff …end even then…you really don’t know the reliability of it…because that person hasn’t done an follow up video.

Here we ride a lot. Yeah, some of us use it as the “last mile” solution…but all of us shred electric. Some of these guys average 25mph or more on a ride. Do that for 15mins straight…

So, we kinda know what stuff fails…their last version had esc issues, braking issues and motor issues I think. Did they sort them out?

As for their claims … we’ve seen them fall short by a mile …why would it be any different?

3 Likes

Not sure but this looks alot like the nano remote which is known to have connection issues! and there is no mention of battery specs…the bottom of the deck isn’t even shown :sob:

Haha glad you pointed that out since I had no idea about those particular remotes had issues. You guys are surely doing a good job of convincing me to lean towards a DIY board first time around.

diy is like 5 parts that need to be plugged in. vesc, battery, receiver,…oo that’s three. you’ll have a way better board in ways that could be written about for pages.
They may look and sound good, the prebuilt cheap ones, but after reading about them here for a while now I think just about everyone agrees it’s junk. dangerous junk. people here will walk you through anything and everything and find you the best deal. where do you live?

You responded right as I was reading a the DIY beginner thread haha. I live in Washington, DC so I kind of have an idea of what I’m going for. There’s minimal hills but I’d like some great power, not concerned about having a high top speed as I’m still rather new to skating in general.

I’d rather not buy anything potentially dangerous…just not worth it so now I’m heavily considering Alex’s Mach 1 board and learning/modifying it over time…or jumping into a full on DIY project.

1 Like

Diy can be as simply getting a hot soldering iron and 60/40 lead solder and these parts

duct tape vescs 2 hub motors batteries receiver/transmitter xt90s plug. and some heat shrink for the wires after soldered…

get a vesc from a very reliable vender as well as reliable hub motors.

if you get those parts you’ll be moving in super short time.

a charger can be gotten cheap, depends how fast you want to recharge.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick write up…notes taken. I’ll prob aim for a geared motor setup if I’m going DIY. Luckily the one thing that I do have experience with is soldering so that part doesnt worry me much. :relaxed:

DIYis not always better, BUT building something like this helps you learn many parts of the system (like how I once cheated in class by making tiny notes which I didn’t use because I remembered everything I wrote down). MANY of us used that same remote, hated it and we all use something else now.

When things break down on esk8 after you’ve built a board yourself you pretty much know what the problems are and know how to go about fixing things. Like @Michaelinvegas said, it’s not that complicated, but generally does cost a bit more than what Lectric is asking

2 Likes

@eddiekphoto you ain’t the first or will be the last to ask if these boards are good to buy. But, I don’t think any of us have heard that this is a solid board. We just wanna save you the frustration that other people have had…some of them come here and ask for help…and all we can do is guess issues…I don’t think we actually helped anyone…except if they modded the board.

1 Like

Yea and I definitely appreciate it. This for certain has made me no longer consider it. I guess we’ll see what it’s really all about once customers start to receive them and post Youtube videos about them. I’m leaning towards the Mach 1 board that Alex builds and sells. I’m sure this would be the gateway for me to start modding and changing things and eventually building a Boosted Board killer :sunglasses:

That board hasn’t exactly been proven either. It is using all diy style parts but…

Since you know how to solder, you should just go for it. That’s the only skill needed for clean wiring. The rest is just some patience picking and putting the parts together. And the reaction is 10x better when you can say you built it!

It also means there’s no panic if something goes wrong. You’ll learn to spot what’s happen, and know exactly how to fix it. Or have the whole group to help figure it out instead of waiting for customer service…

1 Like

@eddiekphoto I’d have to agree with @saul … one of the biggest obstacles for people is soldering. Then it’s the parts and how to program crap…

Two years ago… good luck you are on your own to figure this out as you stare at the parts in front of you. These days… shit… answers and help is a few taps away with your thumbs.

You can get an exact list of what you need (budget)…if you have all the parts you need…you could literally build it in a few hours…of course you could delve into carbon fiber or some other fancy enclosure and stretch out the build process out…

Or you could go your route and have someone build it for you…hey …don’t knock garage builds…Enertionboards is still kinda still one of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hummm…I think they have a dirty little secret…shitty thane on the hubs…they don’t last like a Normal wheels should.

I’m def going to price out parts this weekend to see what that will look like. I’m not really knocking them, I just don’t want to pay for something that I’ll need to fix on arrival lol. It’s good to have such a helpful community out there. I’ll definitely update the forum on what I end up doing. :thumbsup:

I knew we would change your mind lol. Like everyone said it’s not that hard, once you read everything. That’s 90 percent of the fun is the hunt. Enjoy the process

2 Likes

Inspiration…If you haven’t found this thread yet http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words-use-pm/2992?u=lsalt

1 Like

Ahhhhh … those were the days … hahahahaahh

Yeah that’s half the fun man. Poke around … order stuff online … your significant other prob could give a rats ass…Welcome to the squad lol

2 Likes

If you want to start out with some plug and play car esc’s, check out @barajabali’s for sale post. You won’t find a cheaper, easier, yet reliable esc than the 6s FVT esc he is selling. Once you get bitten by the building bug, you can move up to higher voltage and a VESC later. Good luck!

1 Like