Landyachtz Evo, anyone ever use it?

6in wheels help :grinning:

2 Likes

do you or would you trust those 6" wheels above 40mph?

i want to get this deck but i wanted to stick to urethane because i understand they are more stable at higher speeds. maybe im wrong.

I dont go that fast, at 30mph they are stable even when hitting bumps.

I’ve used it.

i was pretty impressed by its ability to maintain my burrito’s position with such precision.

6 Likes

Much precision. Very burrito.

5 Likes

@Funktapus So this is just the caliber 2 trucks with 50 degrees baseplates and TB motor mounts?

Surprised those motors fit up under there so nicely!

No risers or anything here?

theres definitely risers in his setup. Probably about 3/4" worth

I have surfrodz (177mm) with 80mm axles and 1/2 mini-nova hard risers.

@pshaw Caliber 2 trucks with 50 degree baseplates plus 15mm riser pads. Although risers weren’t necessary. I only had them to make room for the motor wiring. TB mounts too. Although I’ve changed the set up. I’m now using Evolve trucks and 107mm wheels. Still building it at the moment.

5 Likes

Looking good. You ditched the riser since you threw the motors out back now?

Still using risers although for different reasons. They’re wedges. When supercarve trucks are on an angle (ie. Because of the Evo deck) they effect the height of the deck. What was happening was the front was really low and the back was high. It looked cool and handled ok but I was sure how it would affect it long term. So I had to de-wedge the front and back.

@cwazy1 built this monster

3 Likes

Can you provide a link for the wedges you used. I also have the evolve trucks coming soon.

I love mine.

4 Likes

Built this for a local college kid. It hauls ass and looks amazing. It’s just got that “step aside” attitude and the kid can’t stay off it. I raised it an inch and wedged out the Torque 218’s to almost 0 (level) and it actually more or less carves pretty decent. I’d say it’s a winner for building.

3 Likes

@Loppy nice build! I’m new to the scene and thinking of building the same setup as the one you built. Would you mind sharing your spec’s and part list for that setup? How did you like the ride of it when you tested it before parting it to the college kid?

Hi Loppy, Can you please list out how you made this! Are those 6374 motors?

I’m planning on buying Torque Boards Pro3 Conversion kit. I want to know how to mount that under the deck? Would I just need risers?

Here’s a link to the kit. collections/electric-skateboard-conversion-kit/products/pro3-electric-skateboard-conversion-kit

Thanks!

@Funktapus How did you mount the motors underneath the deck, I also live in Australia and am new to DIY, sorry if this is a stupid question.

look up a couple of posts, there are pictures :slight_smile:

@Loppy What risers did you use, Link?