LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Can you guys predrill for bindings? Also, why is the battery enclosure thicker at the center? Is this just for aesthetics?

I know its design is not intended for ramps and so forth, but I’d still like to be able to jump on and off of curbs when applicable.

The board has a front/back arch and a heel/toe concave which is more pronounced in the middle.

So in order to have the same workable space for the batteries in the middle of the deck, the enclosure appears to be thicker when looking at it from the side but it does in fact have the same 25mm clearance in the middle.

2 Likes

Not that we don’t want to help, but I think we’ll have to let you use your DIY skills if you wish to add bindings.

1 Like

Ok I gotchya, thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Thanks Pat! I need 75mm for the battery segments, so we are good to go if I have 76mm internally. If I order now, when do you guess delivery would be?

Edit: looks like May. I should learn to read :slight_smile:

1 Like

also, note the board wasn’t designed for jumping. The flex was engineered for carving, not for absorbing jumps (although going on and off curbs is certainly not a problem, besides maybe scratching the motormount). Also, I’d recommend trying the board before installing bindings. It’s much wider than conventional boards and if you use the Matrix2, you’ll find your lean angle will surprise you. Anyhow, maybe you’ll prefer bindings, I’m just saying you should try the board without for at least a couple of days before making the call. Cheers, A

3 Likes

There’s not much room for error! If you want, you can PM me your design and I’ll do my best to confirm fitment. Depending on your design… The compartments have rounded corners that might interfere if you rely on only 1mm for clearance, up to you!

I’m using the NESE modules 74 x 93 x 22.5 for the 4p module I just measured. I think I’ll be ok with the rounded corner since we can move vertically if necessary.

Ok, and you are going for a 10s4p setup, 12s4p?

I was going to use the 12s 4p on an Evo build. With all the width on your board, I want to see how may P groups I can fit in 235mm. The enclosure seems perfect for this.

You’ll only be able to fit 2 of those NESE modules side by side. You should be able to make yourself a 12s4p setup no problem.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the help. Ordered

2 Likes

Thanks, received!

1 Like

Forgive me if this has already been covered, but do you sell the enclosure separately and would it fit the Trampa Street carver?

Hey bud, it wouldn’t fit so we don’t sell it separately. Thx

Ok cheers (y)

Our board and enclosure were designed as one, won’t fit anything else. :wink:

Alright, I have a dumb question for ya. I think it would be cool to have this deck combined with some 6 shooters and Surf rodz RKP (with 200mm hangers and 90 mm axels to accomodate @psychotillers mounts).

You see, I have these adjustable base plate trucks and I think they will accomodate the wedge…

Could I get the deck drilled in an old school pattern to accomodate this? Or undrilled I suppose.

Alright all you smart fellas. Please shoot holes through this idea.

4 Likes

Obviously the red ember deck is there for reference. Or I hope it is obvious.

who made that base plate?