Kydex Trampa build. 6374 192kv, torque boards, max6 with wifi programmer, gt2b mod. 1ST build

If I can’t get this to suck down I may move to an ABS or similar. I want something with rigidity to hold everything without moving. I think I know what to do next, just means I have to make more stuff. I’m done for the night tomorrow’s another day.

2 Likes

Suggestion, probz rubbish but maybe…, if you made a reverse of the recess mould ie a mound mould for the Max6’s and switches you could just make snug fitting faceplate to place on top of what you have already made in the above photo.

I hope that makes sense? im shite at explaining things :blush: but i think working the Kydex from behind so to speak could help gain the full cupage you need… :wink:

I figured it out needed to be 10° hotter in the oven, and I ran 2 shop vacs in series to pull down harder. Once I did that it worked perfectly for the top and bottom, now I just have to run all the wires inside and install my battery meter.

12 Likes

Battery meter installed.

7 Likes

Baseplate mounted, utilised the bolts from the trucks so I don’t have to drill into the board.

7 Likes

Nice work man, Kydex is a awesome stuff.

Let me mention one thing, if you use the Truck Bolts to mount the Rc-Plate you have to complete demount the Truck for doing maintenace on the bushing or adjust the preload on the Springs.

Again nice work! Good choice on the ESC ! They do what they should… never bring one to fail !

Edit : maybe just add two holes in your lower plate for reaching the adjuster screws

Cheers

2 Likes

How is the base plate fixed to the main body?

I have small screws that will tap into the base and hold the top of the case on. Just keeping it simple. The way it’s made it’s almost a snap together fit.

Finishing up the enclosure, came out even better than I expected.

12 Likes

On the home stretch! Just have the battery cable to run and motor wires to finish up!

9 Likes

Just took it out for it’s first run, at 10:30pm with a flashlight in one hand and my remote in the other…This is scary fast!! And the torque is mind blowing. The first thing I did was come back and turn the throttle punch down from 3 (factory) down to 1 and turn the brakes from 80% to 50%. Thankfully I had the foot straps on, I hit the brakes and had I not been strapped in I would have went over the front of the board. Next test will be tomorrow in the light. I’m super happy with how it turned out.

2 Likes

Battery wire management. Last thing left is to cover the motor wires.

5 Likes

What’s your gear ratio if you dont mind me asking? I’m in the state of building an emtb currently and am trying to figure out what the best gear ratio is.im thinking 1:4 with a 6374 190kv motor on 10s

6:1 it’s the stock gearing from torque boards. 12t & 72t, and 192kv motors

Awesome job!!! Video?

1 Like

Damn man. This is awesome! I am normally a die hard street skater, but you sir startet my intrest in a trampa builf. I love you for it and my wallet hates you for it :wink: Keep it up!

2 Likes

A video is coming I skipped the build video due to the time it took to do the vacuum forming.

1 Like

Finished! Just have to decide how to run the dampas. As of right now I don’t have them installed, I have a yellow set but even they seem to stiff. But as I pick up speed I start to get unstable. May try them in just the front first, or maybe all the way around and just drill holes into them to make it easier to carve. If anyone has experimented let me know what works best.

8 Likes

looks great bro, good job!

one thing quickly, I would secure the wires between the ESC and motors to something because when the board rotates when you turn it is going to start working the wires loose from the motors. The joints are not flexable

1 Like

the kydex esc mount is so sick. really have a greats work. will the dirt or small leaf stuck inside the esc fan while run of offroad?

1 Like