James Bond 007 Spy Board | Arbor Vugenhausen Deck | Custom Griptape! | 97mm White Flywheels | White and Gold Caliber II 50° Trucks | 10s | Vesc w/scilocone conformal coating and copper heatsinks, hybrid setup | 6374 motor sensored | Niel Precision ect

Lol Thank you. That was the goal. :smile: Yeah I’ll just carry my licence to kill, that way I don’t have to paint my gun hehe…

2 Likes

Handsome as hell bro!!!

1 Like

Sir, you most definitely earned your licence to esk8!

2 Likes

Nah its the board. :wink: If you want to look debonair you must build…then skate lol

Hahaha I’ll be sure to tell the Bike Cops to “Stand down, I have a license to Esk8” when I’m doing 30mph passing them lol

Might I suggest a “Goldmember” (or Goldfinger) themed board for your next build? I’d like that in all gold, please. :wink:

1 Like

I almost put all gold vinyl behind the griptape like on the 007. Figured it wouldn’t hold up though to being stepped on. They do however make gold griptape but I’m also not sure what it would look like under use. I have thought about building them for others and I know a few guys on here do that. I actually made this one pretty quick too. Less time involved once you already figured out the know how part. :smile: Goldgriptape design with 007 logo equals Goldfinger edition !

You could paint the deck gold, then spray clear grip tape over top of it. Gold calibers, yellow wheels, gold motor and a gold enclosure to top it off.

1 Like

haha freaking awesome !

1 Like

Could be double themed “The Man With The Golden Esk8”

1 Like

Hey stop laughing…I take esk8 very seriously…hahaha jk thank you though! I aim to please and Shoot To Kill lol

“The man with the golden ESk8 gun remote.”

1 Like

Painting it gold forsure now…

1 Like

Just an update. CALIBER II trucks with riptide aps and wfb bushings are awesome performers. I had those exact bushings on torqueboards supposed clones and they bind to not operate even close to the way they perform now. Also the 97mm wheels are so smooth, never going smaller than that. the decks performance with the concave ensures you are completely locked in since it’s made for downhill and gives the deepest possible turning. RIPTIDEs are for downhill also. Have a deeper turn and snaps back with zero speed wobble at high speed. Had board up to 29mph and will gauge with a full battery to see top speed. Thats pretty close to it I feel though. All in all this board rides awesome and I couldn’t be happier with its performance!

1 Like

OK so those flashlights obviously rattled apart. So I kept the heads and used an led driver to wire them in series and run them off the main power. What’s left seems much more manageable and efficient since I don’t have to worry about charging flashlights and taking them apart again. Plus they made noise with every expansion gap hit…

Plus the heads give you the best lens for seeing the road and not just “being seen”

3 Likes

proof :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Parts list

OK so if anyone has torqueboards motor mount I will tell you how to eliminate all belt slip. 1st I have 16t and 40t. So you will need 295mm belt from vbelt. So if you have smaller gears you can do with a shorter belt. Get a 8mm shoulder bolt with 6mm thread… I believe the shoulder length was 12 or 15mm. Drill and tap 6mm thread and get a 6mm threaded nut for other side. Use a regular wheel bearing since it’s easy to access. Make sure placement of bearing is closest to motor mount holes but in the center of material so not to compromise mount integrity. I can now mash the breaks and fly off the board. Zero slip because I used two pulleys…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK scratch the p clamp. They were marine grade and still wound up breaking. Took about 150 miles I’d say. So I drilled and tapped a 1 1/4" one hole strap. Drilled into and tapped 6mm hole in the flashlight heads. Won’t go anywhere now. I gotta get a shot of how far these light up the boardwalk street signs at night. I swear it’s over a mile easy…

4 Likes

which LED driver did you use?

1 Like